This feeling.

Morning sun rays crept in through the sheer cotton blinds, basking the room in a soft light. You awaken and squint at the bright light. You pull the covers over your head and shift to get back in your comfortable spot.

Sighing, wanting to go back to sleep, you hear the click of a lighter and the crackling of a cigarette being lit. The sound of a soft exhale and a book-page turn follow. 

You carefully lower the duvet to get used to the light and turn to face the other side. David was sat up comfortably, a cigarette between his right-hand fingers and a book in the other. He looked your way upon hearing you shift. "Good morning love, did I wake you? Didn't mean to do that." He said softly, placing the cigarette on the glass ashtray atop the bedframe. "That's alright" You smiled sleepily as he gently petted the top of your head before returning his gaze to the book.

You pull the blanket up to your chin and move closer to him to see what he's reading, leaning your head against his shoulder. David peeks to look at you and leans to kiss the top of your head. "How do you expect me to read when you're right there? Looking all cozy" He shrugged as he let the book slip from his hand, turning onto his side to face you. "Maybe that was my plan all along." You say as you swiftly inch closer to him, resting your face in the crook of his neck.

The cologne from last night barely lingered on his skin, faint notes of sandlewood and bergamot washes like wave of serenity over your mind - you sigh, leaning back to look up and meet his eyes. "Golden boy.." You whisper as you reach your hand up to his hair, swiping the strand perfectly fallen over his eyes to the side. David took hold of your hand and placed a kiss on the top of it.

"I couldn't ask for a more perfect morning." he said before pulling you close, wrapping you in his arms

------------------------

Here it is, the first chapter of Untitled. I wrote this while sipping my favorite tea after a long day at work as a way to unwind. I hope it brings you the same comfort ☆ -R