seven

"Why are you being so sloooooow!"

"Because it is much too early, demon."

Antu yanked along his big sister, the girl yawning as she stumbled over her feet as she was pulled along. Her free hand was raised to her eyes, rubbing the sleep out of them as best as she could. She had to admit though, the smell of breakfast wafting towards her was especially strong this morning. She usually skipped breakfast, heading straight to the Tsahiks tent. Today though, she had a free day. One that she had hoped would be filled with sleep, but her baby brother had other plans.

As they neared the clan sat around and eating, the two jumped into line to receive their plates. A familiar yip caused Akinas ears to twitch, the girls eyes following the sound to land on Neteyam sitting with his siblings, one of his hands in the air trying to catch her attention. A wide smile spread across her face, mirroring the one Neteyam bore. She gave a small nod before looking down at Antu, urging him forward as the line moved.

Once the two had their plates, Antu rushed over to where Tuk sat beside her sister. Akina rolled her eyes at the betrayal, fighting the nervousness that grew in her stomach as she made her way to Neteyam. The boy happily scooted over, giving her room to sit between him and Lo'ak.

"Morning, sunshine. You look delightful." Lo'ak commented, Akinas face darkening immensely as her hands placed her plate on the floor before reaching up and fixing her messy hair.

"Still look better than you, chunkster." Akina snapped playfully back, Lo'ak immediately groaning loudly. Chunkster was the nickname Akina had given baby Lo'ak, the name rolling off of her tongue as if no time had passed. She felt Neteyam fighting his laughter beside her, causing her to turn and grin at him.

"I can not believe you remember that." Lo'ak grumbled, Akina giggling.

"I also remember when you were like 6 and decided you were going to run around the entire clan nak-" Lo'aks hand clasped over Akinas loud mouth, his entire face and ears darkening under his blue skin. Neteyams laughter reverberated through high camp, a warm feeling building in Akinas stomach from the beautiful sound. Once Lo'ak moved his hand, Akina simply gave him a big grin.

"Go back to hating each other or whatever it was you were doing." Lo'ak whined, embarrassment covering his entire face. Akina stuck her tongue out at the younger boy, Lo'ak returning the gesture before going back to his food. The girl began to eat as Neteyam finally settled down, his hand wiping away tears that had slipped from his eyes. Her heart raced as Neteyam leaned close to her ear, his breath sending shivers down her spine.

"I missed you."

~

Akina and Antu followed the Sullys back to their tent, the four siblings demanding that the two hang out with them for the day. It wasn't unusual for Antu to spend his time with them, but it had been much too long for Akina. As they entered, the girls eyes immediately landed on Neytiri, the beautiful woman cleaning her fathers bow. At the sound of her children walking in, she smiled up at them from where she sat, her eyes landing on Akina before a shocked expression grew on her face.

"Hey, Neytiri." Akina spoke shyly, her hand raised to give the woman a small wave. A wide grin that was slightly terrifying grew on Neytiris lips, her eyes moving to her eldest son.

"Finally." She stated simply, Akinas eyes landing on Neteyam to witness him blush at his mothers word. Neytiri stood up, placing her fathers bow on the mantle carefully before walking to Akina. She pulled the young girl into a tight hug, Akina happily returning it. Neytiri had been like a second mother to her, Neteyams siblings the ones she desperately wished for. She felt like she was home.