thirteen

A young boy broke through the water on an ilu, breaking tsuheylu as he landed on the ships metal floor. A grin formed on his lips as his eyes met two of his siblings and the girl who made his baby brother smitten with a simple smile.

"Neteyam!"

Neteyam immediately set to work cutting Tsireyas handcuff that kept her stuck to the side of the boat, moving to his baby sister next. Once Tuk was free, he turned back to Tsireya, gently patting Tuks arm.

"Get Tuk out of here." He urged Tsireya, receiving a nod in response as the two girls immediately booked it into the water.

"Bro hurry up!" Lo'ak whined next to Neteyam, causing the eldest to fight the laugh that teased his throat. He turned to Lo'ak, giving him another wide grin.

"Who is the mighty warrior? Come on, say it."

Both the boys smiled wide, Lo'ak shaking his head and telling his older brother to shut up as Neteyam cut him loose. The eldest immediately turned to head back into the water after patting his brothers head, only stopping when he realized Lo'ak wasnt following him.

"Lo'ak!" Neteyam snarled, rushing back over to his brother as Lo'ak pulled a gun into his arms.

"They have Spider! We have to get him, come on!"

Neteyam shook his head, his mind filling with images of his family. His heart raced as he weighed the risk, her face filling his mind before he shook his head.

"Come on bro, we can not leave him!"

Neteyam growled in frustration, his tail flicking behind him angrily as his ears lowered to his head. He finally gave in, rushing after his brother who ran further into the large boat to rescue Spider.

The two made their way towards an open walkway, Neteyam stopping as he heard footsteps rushing towards them. He grabbed his brother, pointing to the metal pipes that ran up along the ceiling of the walkway. The eldest began climbing first, pulling his queue over his shoulder to rest on his chest so it wouldnt give them away to the skypeople. He looked over to find Lo'ak following his exact moves, his own queue tucked onto his chest and shimmying along the pipes right behind his brother.

They both froze as skypeople rushed underneath them, their shouts loud as they ordered others to hurry up. Neteyam turned his head to look down at them, steadying his breathing as another image of her flashed in his mind. He swallowed harshly, ignoring the bad feeling that had begun developing in his gut as soon as he chased his younger brother.

A familiar voice caused Neteyams ears to twitch, ignoring his younger brother tapping on his ankle. The eldest began shimmying along the pipes once more, silently climbing onto a walkway that the pipes had met then moved around.

He immediately crouched down, his knife in hand as Lo'ak crouched beside him. They both looked over the edge of the walkway, their eyes finding Spider being escorted by multiple men.

Neteyam jumped down as soon as the group was close enough, slamming his fist into one of the mens shoulders before shoving the next one into a wall. He turned to the third man, picking him up by his vest and throwing him overboard as Lo'ak jumped down, hitting the two remaining skypeople with the gun he still held.

The eldest spun around as he heard a gun go off, his heart sinking into his stomach. He let out a sigh of relief as he saw his baby brother unharmed but frozen, Lo'ak disassociating as he acknowledged his first kill. Neteyam stepped forward, grabbing Lo'aks arm gently and tugging him to move.