𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

───── IT WAS BECOMING INCREASINGLY OBVIOUS that the trawler was not made to house four people

For one, there was barely enough room in the cabin—which Eniya had personally seen to straightening and cleaning—though they all curled up so no one would have to sleep exposed to the elements. Their rations were running down quicker than they should, and even with the wind being in their favor, the ship had a drag.

Also, there was no privacy. Ever. At all.

Changing clothes had to be done in rotations. There was always a risk of someone storming in while you were in the middle of trying to relax alone. Depending on the time of day, there was no shade on the boat, as there were no curtains in the cabin windows.

They also struggled to find an island to dock at and explaining to an overzealous Luffy that she didn't know where the nearest island would be had Eniya getting looks that made her skin crawl.

"Whaaat?" Luffy had whined around a mouthful of hardtack, Eniya cringing as he spit crumbs.

"Were you raised in a barn?" Nami questioned, "Don't speak with your mouth full."

"Oh! Sorry," Luffy finished his mouthful and continued, "So you don't know where we can get anything to eat? Because these crackers are..."

He had trailed off, making a face even as he ate another square piece whole.

"Should've taken the villager's offer of food," Zoro muttered, not opening his eyes.

Hearing him speak made Eniya tense in surprise and then force herself to relax.

She had long since learned to roll with the eccentricities of others, and Zoro's tendency to sprawl out in the sun and nap like a cat was hardly the weirdest thing she'd needed to put up with. She was just a little hung up on the way he'd spend hours with his eyes closed and then speak as if he'd been awake the whole time, as well as his ability to nap the way he did.

His legs were usually straight, and his chin rested on his chest. It didn't look comfortable, but he hadn't moved an inch in an hour, so maybe it just worked for him.

Nami had snorted, finally glancing away from the maps in her lap to give Zoro an unamused stare. "Luffy would eat them out of house and home. And because of those clowns," Eniya rolled her eyes when Nami shot her a pointed glare, "They had neither. It's good that we didn't."

"I'm sure there's an island around here somewhere." Eniya snapped.

Between Luffy's constant offering of 'positions' on his crew and Nami's snarky comments, Eniya would paddle out and find one on her own if she had to.

"But you don't know where one is?" Luffy asked again.

Eniya scoffed, her arms crossing. "No. I don't get out much."