Chapter 2 Bubble Buddies

It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining through the clouds of the ruins of the former hidden cloud village, it began to rise as the sign of a new day. All was quiet, until...

CLANG!

The sound of a sword tearing through flesh could be heard as Naruto(imagine the outfit Menma had) and Sasuke(imagine the outfit he had in boruto with a crow Anbu mask) could be seen battling close to a hundred Zetsu.

(Sasuke's mask)

(Naruto's mask)

(Naruto's mask)

You see, although all previous life on the earth they had grown up on had been destroyed during the 4th Great Ninja War, Zetsu didn't really count as living

You see, although all previous life on the earth they had grown up on had been destroyed during the 4th Great Ninja War, Zetsu didn't really count as living. Naruto and Sasuke had been dealing with the Zetsu for so long now, it had become a chore and although they had could easily take care of the Zetsu, they were crafty, and had were good at avoiding the 2, so they simply took care of whenever they found their hiding spots.

Naruto - "I think that's all of them." he said with a sigh, it had become a nuisance dealing with the pesky creatures

Sasuke - "For now..."

Naruto - "So, does Toneri have any information about the gem ship that Steven and the others destroyed?" he asked, deciding to deal with the issue while they had time

Sasuke - "Not much, all he can say for certain is that they're coming back, could be days, could be weeks, could be years."

Naruto - "Then I guess we better be ready for a fight."

Sasuke - "Naruto, you and I both know that what's most likely to come, sooner rather than later, your going to have to tell Steven the truth." he said looking at Naruto who looked up the the sky before speaking up

Naruto - "He's not ready yet, he's too innocent, too trusting, we've already lost so much and if I were to lose that too simply because he wasn't ready to hear the truth, I don't know what I'd do." he said with a sigh, it was getting harder every day to lie to Steven about who he really was but he just wasn't ready to tell Steven about the darkest part of his heritage.