Short Story x Song

I made a short story based on Coffee by Jack Stauber. Hope you enjoy!

Coffee by Jack Stauber

Timothy wakes up and freshens up. He heads downstairs to start getting the coffee ready. The coffee made itself in its own little machine, Timothy was preparing mocha coffee to wake up. He made it a routine to do this as he prepares himself for his day, putting his clothes on, and having everything on the couch for his day outside. I need to wake up. . Timothy thought to himself as he felt the overwhelmness of today start swallowing him whole. He returns to the coffee machine, it wasn't finished yet, and he sighs out from his nose. "I can make you alive~" he heard something say to him, maybe he was still groggy, but when the coffee was ready, he replied with a, "I know, but do I need you to survive. . ?" as he poured it in a to-go cup and added some mocha creamer before he sipped it, chuckling to himself. Mocha coffee often helped Timothy with his nerves, it made him feel calm. He sighs again as he quickly gets his bag on him and brings himself to the door. He locks the door and makes his way to work.

A drip of coffee accidentally spills out from J's third cup of the coffee. He was at work, and his coworkers were really testing him today. Timothy works in an office for computer gaming, but his colleagues always seem so judgemental everytime he tries to bring his idea to the table. So he started talking less, and giving short answers, because it seems like it gets him out of conversations quicker. But right now, Timothy was trying to pick out which creamer to use. "French Vanilla. . . Heavy Creamer . . . Delight's Creamer. . ." he'd mutter to himself, he heard the voice again. "Does it still matter which one?" he thought about what the voice said. In all honesty, no, cause he just wanted to feel at peace, but there isn't any mocha creamer to save the day here. He sighs once more as he picks a random creamer. Caramel Macchiato.

A loud thud can be heard. It's Timothy. he was walking away from an escalated argument about his cold behavior toward his peers. Some eyes can be felt staring him down as his back laid on the ground. He was frozen in shock as his coworkers could be heard whispering and muttering before leaving him alone. "Aren't I dumbfounded when I slip huh. . ?" he returned to his conscious state, tearing up covering his face with the palm of fists. "You can't believe-" the voice returned. I can't believe it. . . "You can't believe it," "I can't believe this happened. ." he managed to mutter under your breath with a pitiful smile plastered on his face.

Wow. Wow. Was all he could manage to say. Timothy heard from the weather forecast that it would be gloomy with dark skies, but nothing about rain pouring heavily. He had his bag on one shoulder and held his cup on the opposite side hand. This one had French Vanilla. J sat against a wall near the entrance of the building. "I gotta think this one through," he muttered under his breath as he passed his free hand from his forehead back. His coworkers wouldn't bother helping him, especially after what happened today. He took a shaky deep breath and took a sip of his coffee, he pretended it was a cup of self control to regain order in his mind, but he can still hear the very same voice sing-songing, "But it's the flavor, it's the flavor you want~" he tried to push the voice away as he retaliated with maybe so, but it feels better to check than to reflect. . and he shook his head slowly as he felt his tears swell up again at the problem of today.

Bonus:
"H-hey. . ?" a small, gentle, feminine voice can be heard from above. J takes a deep breath and tries to suck his tears up for home. He looks up at her, and his eyes widen. It's the new coworker.

She had waves of wavy and curly hair on her, and a pair big round glasses, she looked absolutely adorable, especially with a soft smile on her face. Another coworker wishes her safe travels and she reciprocates it back to them with the same gentle and soft voice. Timothy feels his face heat up and quickly bows his head once again, trying to regain composure. "Hey, what's wrong?" She sits on her legs. Crap. . . She doesn't seem like she's leaving anytime soon. . . he thinks to himself. He raises his head back up to her, a tear still hanging from one of his eyes, and his frown still visible. The cute coworker softly giggles and it spreads a tingle throughout his spine, making Timothy blush a brighter shade of pink, but relax and his sorrow soften. "I noticed you seemed like you have been having a sour day today, and was wondering if I can possibly help with anything," she suggested. Timothy seemed confused when he heard this, but thought about it.

When he decided to accept her offer, he gave a small nod, not really trusting her fully just yet. "Lovely, my name Angela, what's yours?" she held out a hand. Timothy looked at her hand before looking back at her face. She doesn't seem like she has any bad intentions, and her smile looks genuine enough, she looks like she's been feeling lonely all day even though there so many girls and especially boys looking and talking to her. . . what does she want exactly? ". . .Timothy, my name is Timothy." he said hesitantly, but tried to smile to seem more friendly. Angela's cheeks were dusted with a faint pink, but her smile widened nonetheless. Timothy was surprised. Was she actually blushing? To him? What he didn't see was how cute and vulnerable he looked. His eyes were relaxed and weren't tainted with loath and despair towards life, and when he smiled, he looked much more peaceful and at ease. And the way his voice sounded as he introduced himself . . . albeit his name is kinda bland, but to Angela, that didn't matter. She was hoping to find a friend to depend on in this new job and didn't want to make any enemies. Timothy wanted a peace of mind and someone who he can trust.

Seems like they both might get what they want from each other.

✨NQ06✨