Chapter 671: The new sun has set (5)

– What's wrong?

The World Tree nonchalantly asked again.

– What seems to be the problem? Well, I do understand the fear of stabbing your heart.

As the World Tree said that...

– Did this old hag go crazy?

– She's definitely lost it.

The Fire of Destruction and the Sound of the Wind raised their voices in anger. The Fire of Destruction was extremely angry.

– It's not like it's for giving me all of the money in the entire world! Why the hell would you stab our kid in the heart to kill a trashy son of a bitch like the White Star?! Is this stupid tree looking down at the human heart because it has no heart as a tree? Huh?! I should just light it on fire and burn it down!

One of the World Tree's branches suddenly shivered.

– That's odd. I suddenly got the chills. It was just like when I saw that crazy bastard... ahem.

The World Tree was recalling a memory from the past before focusing again and continuing to speak in a serious tone.

– I gave you the best possible solution I have after hearing what you said. That is why I will ask this question. Which part of this solution do you see as a problem?

Cale immediately had a thought.

'It wants to know what the problem is?'

The World Tree was saying that, although it would hurt, Cale would not die and that it would actually be beneficial to Cale's body.

The World Tree would not lie about something like that. It must be true.

Furthermore, a root dagger that was a part of the World Tree's foundation would be of great assistance in defeating the White Star.

'The World Tree... has also made a sacrifice in its own way.'

This root was different from the branches or parts of the trunk that would fall off each time it chatted with Cale.

The World Tree had said that this was a portion of its foundation. Letting him have this was probably quite burdensome on the World Tree as well.

Shaaaaaaa— Shaaaaa–

The sounds of the leaves rustling from the trees around them, as if they were protesting the World Tree's decision, made it very clear.

'...Stab a sword into my heart?'

If he won't die...

If this was the final button required to take care of everything...

'It's worth trying once.'

His 'instant' ability gave him injuries all over his body that spurted blood.

Why would he be scared of anything when he managed to overcome that terrible pain?

In that case, what was Cale worried about right now?

"Mm."

– Yes, tell me. Tell me your concern.

"My friends will see me stab my heart, right?"

The World Tree was silent for a moment.

– ...Ah......

It then gasped.

– Those friends around you...

The World Tree thought about Eruhaben, the black Dragon, and everybody else, including Choi Han who had once viciously stared at it.