t w o // 𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐘𝐎𝐑𝐊

____________

____________

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎 // 𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐘𝐎𝐑𝐊

NEW YORK WAS MUCH BIGGER THAN CHARMING, though most places were bigger than Naomi's small Californian hometown.

The blonde could feel the nerves forming in the pit of her stomach as she stared up at tall buildings; people rushing passed her, bumping into her as they all gave her dirty looks as they talked loudly on their cell phones.

The nauseous feeling that had stayed with her since she left Charming suddenly reared it's ugly head, forcing the young wide eyed Teller to look frantically for the nearest trash can.

Naomi could hear a few people scoff at her as she leaned over the metal trash can, emptying her sour stomach. It was obvious she was an outsider to these people. Everything about her screamed small town! She felt the tears welling up in her eyes as she wiped her mouth with the back of her hand. Had she made a mistake by leaving? Was Charming and her family all she really had?

"Hey, are you alright?" A soft voice questioned with concern filling the young brunette's pale face.

Naomi's tear stained face looked up at the brunette; she was around her height with long hair, bright blue eyes, and a caring face. The unknown girl's face was the first genuine face that Naomi had seen all day in New York, and she hadn't even been there that long which made her sad all over again.

"Yeah." Naomi nodded, placing a small smile on her lips. "It's just my first time in New York and I'm so overwhelmed by everything, and I can't find the damn campus." The blonde ranted as another wave of nausea filled her stomach.

The brunette looked sympathetically at the upset blonde. "What Campus are you looking for?" She asked softly.

It shocked Naomi how patience and sweet this stranger was being to her. Maybe she was an outsider like her too.

"Um, Brighton." Naomi's tone was unsure as her eyes quickly scanned the creased paper she had clutched tightly in her hands.

"I'm on my way there too." A smile formed on the blue eyed brunette's face. "Don't worry, I'll get you there. I'm Emily Thomas, by the way." She finally introduced herself as she grabbed Naomi's hand in hers, pulling the blonde through the sea of people.

"Thank you, Emily." Naomi let out a sigh of relief as she allowed the girl to pull her along. "I'm Naomi Teller."

____

NAOMI HAD FELT MUCH BETTER ONCE she finally reached her dorm and got settled in. The Brighton Campus was big, much bigger than an college would have been if she decided to stay in Charming.

A sigh immediately fell from her lips as she felt the vibration from her phone in the back of her pocket. Juice had been calling her non stop since she found him with another girl on the night of graduation party. All of his voice mails and texts were the same; how sorry he was and did she tell Jax what happened?

It made Naomi furious knowing the only reason he was calling was to know if she had spilled what had happen to her older brother. Juice wasn't really sorry; he only cared about Jax and the club finding out.

"Stop fucking calling me." Naomi muttered as she pressed the small red phone on her flip phone before tossing it onto her twin sized mattress. She hadn't told Jax, it was too embarrassing to tell him, but maybe she should have. Telling on Juice would make his life hell and it's what he deserved.

A soft knock on the door pulling Naomi from her heated thoughts. "Come in." She yelled as she turned her blue eyes towards the white painted door.

Hopefully it was her roommate. Naomi needed someone else to talk to besides herself and her older brother who was thousands of miles away. The blonde hoped to continue a friendship with Emily, the brunette seemed genuine and they had a nice conversation before parting once Emily made sure Naomi felt comfortable enough to be alone.

"Hey, roomie."

A smile formed on Naomi's face as Emily walked into the room with a wide smile on her lips.

"Hey!" Naomi's tone was enthusiastic, a stark difference from earlier when Emily had first found her lost on the streets, emptying her stomach into a trash can. "At least we know we don't hate each other." The blonde joked as she helped Emily with her things.

A laugh left Emily's lips as she began to unpack. "That's true. Are you feeling any better?" The brunette questioned.

Naomi quickly nodded as the smile fell slightly from her face. The nausea had subsided for now at least, but the blonde knew it would come back sooner or later.

"Yeah. Thanks for asking."

"Not a problem." Emily smiled.

Naomi knew she had to tell someone soon about what was going on. It was eating her up inside, but she couldn't tell Jax; he'd kill Juice, and her mother would only want her to come home. Maybe , she could open up to Emily, but not yet — it was too soon. Not this yet at least.

——

AN
okay first flashback chapter which was really fun to write. The ending is a little meh. I never know how or where to end a chapter. I always feel like I'm make them so awkward. Thanks for the comments and votes! ❤️