f o u r // 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤, 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤

CHAPTER FOUR — WELCOME BACK, WELCOME BACK

CHAPTER FOUR WELCOME BACK, WELCOME BACK

A DEEP SIGH FELL FROM NAOMI'S LIPS AS MIGUEL DROVE passed 'the welcome to Charming' sign. She didn't want to be here at all; back in this toxic fucking town where her mother and Clay were too close, but she was doing this for Luann.

At least that's what she had to keep telling herself.

Naomi felt Miguel's hand squeeze her knee reassuringly, staying there as he kept his dark eyes on the road in front of him. The blonde knew her husband was just as thrilled as she was to be here, neither of them wanted to deal with the drama that was inevitably coming their way.

"Jax is going to meet us at the house." She told Miguel, placing her hand on top of his.

Jax had taken it upon himself to rent a house for the week for Naomi and Miguel. Her older brother made sure it was just outside of Charming so that their mother didn't know just yet that her disappointment of a daughter was back.

"He didn't have to. He does know I can afford to rent a house for a week right? He knows you can afford it by yourself too." A smirked formed on his handsome face as took a quick look at his wife.

Miguel loved how independent Naomi was. When he had first met her back in college she was so determined to make her own money and pay her own way that she refused to let him pay for anything.  Naomi wasn't like any woman he had dated before back then and that's why he knew right away she would be his wife.

A small laugh left her lips. "Of course he knows, but he's doing the whole big brother thing. I think he also feels guilty about everything." The blonde trailed off as her blue eyes looked down at her phone. "Mommy dearest is calling again." Naomi's tone was tense as she ignored the phone vibrating in her hand.

If Naomi was in the right headspace she would have just picked it up and tried to have a conversation with Gemma, but her mind had been all over the place since learning of Luann's murder. It also didn't help that Gemma and Clay weren't the only people she was dreading to see.

Juice was still a member of the club and Naomi knew without a doubt she'd have to come face to face with him during her stay in Charming. It had been years since she last set her blue eyes on him; never telling anyone in the club what had happened that night. It was an embarrassing heartbreak that she promised to only tell Emily and Miguel about.

Though maybe if she had opened her mouth and told at least Jax maybe things would have gone differently. Naomi didn't like to dwell on that thought though.

"Mi amor." Miguel's soft voice pulled Naomi from her thoughts. "We're here." He nodded towards a two story house where Jax's bike was parked in the driveway along with another bike she didn't recognize, but she knew Jax wouldn't have brought someone she didn't want to see along.