The Love of a Friend

The Next Morning...

Carl's POV...

I slowly woke up to be met by bright sunlight,I climbed out of bed stretching before I noticed that my mother's puppet was gone "what the? where did it go?" I asked before I looked over at my bed to see the old puppet resting on my bed next to where I was sleeping."How did you get there?" I asked myself before I grabbed my school bag and left my room heading off to school.

Time Skip...

I slowly walked out of the school's entrance and was about to head on home when the school's bullies walked up  to me and surrounded me "um.....hi Richie" I said nervously looking at Richie who was the leader of his little gang. "Where's my money?" Richie asked as his goons surrounded me "I'm sorry,I don't have it" I said which Richie cracked his knuckles "come on man,give me some time,my mom just died yesterday" I said backing away "I don't care" Richie said as they dragged me into the woods which something light blue flew after them.

Time Skip...

Richie and his goons were walking away laughing evilly leaving me alone on the ground crying after they had beat me up while chanting "your mom is dead! your mom is dead!" I continued to cry when I heard the most beautiful and gentle female sing:

"Moonbeams and starlight, magical twilight
The warmest ray, hear it whispering your names
Rainbows at midnight, sparkling night skies
Don't go away, stay another day" 

"My throat, it asks me to sing
And the pain goes away, like a memory goes away
Ever since childhood, and until the sun rises
To rest, when I find you"

"Stretch my spine, to tap dance
And the rhyme says, that I will love you
So open the circle for me to show you
I came here just to sing"

"Stretch my spine, to tap dance
And the rhyme says, that I will love you
So open the circle for me to show you
I came here just to sing"

"Don't go away, stay another day"

I wiped away the tears that were still sliding down my cheeks as I looked around looking for who was singing,when I saw a light blue Macaw fly down from a nearby tree and land down in front of me.

I wiped away the tears at I looked at the female bird "J-Jewel?" I asked looking at the female blue macaw named Jewel who looked at me with beautiful turquoise colored eyes which showed concern. "Are you okay,Carl?" Jewel asked in a sweet female tone "yes" I lied which Jewel nuzzled me with her head "please tell me,Carl" Jewel said "Richie and his friends beat me   and made fun of my mom's death" I said as I slightly cried which Jewel looked at me with a sad look in her eyes. "You poor thing" Jewel said before she brushed up against me "don't worry,I'm here" Jewel said which I wiped away the tears away again before I gently picked Jewel up and gently hugged her close which Jewel tried her best to wrap her wings around me as I heard what sounded like thunder. I soon stood back up still holding Jewel in my arms before I ran home as the thunder got worst and not knowing that someone with yellow glowing eyes was watching me. 

Time Skip...

I soon got back inside my house just as the storm got worse,I walked in still holding Jewel in my arms as we saw my father asleep on the couch still holding a beer bottle in his hand,Jewel looked over at him with a sad look in her eyes. "Poor Rick" Jewel said as I walked down the hallway still holding Jewel in my arms as I walked over to my bedroom door as we heard what sounded like a old style music box.

I slowly pushed open my bedroom door and walked in holding Jewel close as I looked over at my bed to see that the old Puppet had disappeared which made me whimper in fear as I held Jewel closer before I turned around to see the puppet there floating in front of me looking at me. 

"Hello,Carl"