I need a minute to think

After having a nice dinner and falling asleep issei got into bed and Rossweisse snuggled up to him and fell asleep on his chest

Issei: "Maybe this time will be different"

He put his arm on her back and she came closer to him he smiled and closed his eyes getting comfy, the area around him turned into a black void but then a door appeared front of him.

Issei: huh where am I?

He looked around from the door and found himself in a forest while it was raining, he could feel the droplets hitting his body, but he wasn't getting wet.

Issei: why does this place look familiar?

*Distant crying*

Issei: huh?

???:(crying) Mom dad please let me back in I promise I'll be good.

He looked towards the crying and saw his younger self crying by the doorway of his house before the Gremory upgraded it.

Issei: is this a memory?... Ddraig where are you?

He didn't get a reply but continued watching his younger self.

The small boy walked away from the house and just went to the forest.

Small Ise: I don't need them i'll look after myself *sniff*

He found a small cave opening he threw a rock in and heard it bounce almost instantly and roll back to his feet as he walked in, he found it to be super small no large animals could live here and he sat down in his cold wet cloths.

Issei: I remember this night I thought I was going to die but I didn't.

He watched as his younger self started to fall asleep and just passed out his body turning white and not moving.

Issei: wait how am I watching myself like this when I passed out?

He watched as a bright light came to him and then touched him and then left and his body got its pink back and he watched himself sleep.

Issei: (confused) what the heck?

???: now you know what happened my old friend.

It was the world around him that started to implode on then it shook him awake Rossweisse held him crying her eyes out.

He gasped for air and held took a deep breath and grabbed Rossweisse back to show her he was awake.

Issei: (catching breath) (holding Rossweisse) What's going on?

Rossweisse:(crying) You turned white and went ice cold, I thought you died.

Issei: relax I'm okay I'm okay nothing is going to happen.

He just held her while she held him for dear life like if she let go, he was going to die after a few minutes she passed out but her grip strong on his body he laid her back down and put the blanket over her and he felt her slowly getting comfy back in the warmth.

Issei: "Ddraig what the hell happened "

Ddraig: I don't know, I was alerted when you went cold, I tried to call you, but I couldn't reach you, you were pulled into some sort of trance, and it did something to you your body seems to be adapting more to the fire in your system and it's bound to make more changes.

Issei: "But am I dying, I need to know what's going on"

Ddraig: you are most certainly not dying but I am reading a power growth, but I think this is good I think the sage magic Is affecting it in a good way perhaps this is what your magic power would have been before I came along and before you died by the hands of Raynare.