Prologue

Soulmates.

Everyone in their lifetime wants someone to love and cherish like no other. Everyone wants their other half but people don't find that often. In the muggle world, people believe that a soulmate is a person with whom your vibe matches or someone with whom you can have a bond like no other.

But in the wizarding world it was different. People had their soulmate marks. Witches and Wizards got their soulmate mark once they turned 15. But not everyone had a soulmate.

Soulmates were very rare even in the wizarding world. Those who got their mark considered themselves lucky to have someone. Some even had more than one soulmate.

People always hoped that one day they would find their soulmate, their other half. The feeling would be beyond imagination. They could not help but adore them. Their heart would melt every time their eyes met. They could see a future with the person.

Iris Potter was one of the lucky ones who got the soulmate mark. Not only one, but two.

Iris Potter, the daughter of James Potter and Lilly Potter, the golden girl of Hogwarts, was sitting along with her two best friends, Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger. It was the start of their fifth year. They were sitting inside the Great Hall having breakfast. People around them chatted aimlessly but the golden trio eyed the pink toad sitting with the Professors.

Iris Potter had enough trouble in her life. Fighting a three headed dog, a giant snake and giant spiders were a few of them. Now she had a pink toad as a teacher. A pink toad who would only speak nonsense.

No one knew about her soulmate marks. She didn't want to say anything about it to anyone. She wanted to keep it a secret until the ministry stopped interfering with her life. She didn't want to give them another topic to talk about her.

She wasn't the naive girl everyone thought she was. And she would prove that very soon. She couldn't wait to watch everything burn to the ground.  

A/N: Here is the prologue of 'Machiavellian'

A/N: Here is the prologue of 'Machiavellian'...lemme know what you guys think about it.

I can't wait to write more about Iris and Tom!

Please don't be a ghost reader. Please vote, comment and follow.