Better than Maths

It was Sunday, the laziest day of all but it wasn't a lazy day for Chaya. Chaya is a 15 year old girl who is not at all worried about her upcoming board exams. She has four tuition teachers, one for English, one for History & Geography, one for Bengali &...Oh sorry, her Maths teacher is sick just before two months of Chaya's board exams & that is why Chaya's mother is worried. Chaya is very bad in Maths. In the laziest day of all, Chaya's mother is looking very happy. What is the matter?

"Ki holo maa, why are you so happy?" Chaya asked.

"Today morning your new Maths teacher will be coming" Chaya's mother said happily. But Chaya wasn't happy at all.

"Kano maa?  why did you keep another Maths teacher for me?" Chaya asked.

"Because with his help, you could at least pass the exam" Chaya's mother said.

Chaya was annoyed. She asked "When is he coming?"

"He will come every Sunday, at 8:30 morning" Maa replied.

"Ugh....I hate maths, I hate maths" Chaya went inside her room murmuring that she hates Maths. "I know you hate maths, you don't have to repeat so many times" Her mother shouted.

The door bell rang sharp at 8:30 am. Because Chaya's mother was working in the kitchen Chaya opened the door. She expected a tuition teacher but instead there was a charming & young college student standing outside. "Who are you?" Chaya asked carelessly. After all she was happy that it was not her tuition teacher. "Are you Chaya?" that guy questioned.

"Yes, I am" She said.

"Well, Chaya I am Ayaan, your new tuition teacher" He said with a sweet smile. Chaya couldn't belive that this was her tuition teacher, he was so young & he is just a college student. Her mother came from behind & said "Come in, beta, have a seat & Chaya bring your books" Ayaan sat in Chaya's room & Chaya took out her books & copies. Her mother left saying "Bhalo kore porish and don't disturb Ayaan"

"So, am I supposed to call you sir?" Chaya asked.

Ayaan smiled "No, you can call me by my name, or dada maybe, only if you are not comfortable with it"

"I'll call you Ayaan da" She said.

She talked throughout her class. She asked "Ayaan da do you go to college?"

"Yes" He replied. Ayaan didn't speak very much.

"Which college?" Chaya asked.

"I think we should proceed with our class" Ayaan replied. He is so boring, Chhaya thought.

That day the class went very well. Chaya tried to disturb Ayaan as much a possible but Ayaan ignored. Ayaan had patience and was mature and was able to handle Chaya's curiousness and innocence.

 Two days later Chaya's best friend Mitali asked her "Who was that handsome guy in your house on Sunday?"

"What handsome guy?" Chaya asked.

"The guy who wore glasses & was carrying a blue bag" Miltali explained.

"Oh, he is my new tuition teacher. Do you like him?" Chaya asked.

"OMG, you are so lucky. He looks even better than Ranbir Kapoor, haven't you noticed?" Matali said.

"Better than Ranbir Kapoor, really?"

When the next Sunday came & Ayaan came inn the first question Chaya asked Ayaan "Do you like Ranbir Kapoor?"

"Yes, why?" Ayaan asked.

"no, nothing" Chaya replied

The weeks were passing by & the exams were coming closer. Chaya & Ayaan's relationship was getting stronger day by day. Now Chaya had started liking Ayaan & Ayan?

Chaya was always more than a student to him.

Soon the day for maths exam came. Chaya was very nervous but someone was even more nervous than her. It was her mother. While giving her exam Chaya was almost crying. After the exam every student cried. The paper this time was very hard. The results will be coming two months lated but those two months seemed like two years for Chaya. Those two months she met Ayaan every Sunday, but not for Maths for talking to him. She liked talking to him. After two months the results came. This time she had got 55%. Chaya was very happy ut her mother was not, she wanted more mark.

 Chaya was happy that she won't have to do maths anymore but what about Ayaan? Will he meet her anymore? This question played in her mind. She wanted to meet Ayaan as much as possible. She met Ayaan during Sunday. She showed him her paper & said him that she was very happy with her results. Ayaan was happy too because Chaya was happy. There are many ways of expressing love but happiness is that best way or may be the best opportunity. What do you think, will Ayaan utilise this opportunity?

'Teacher have 3 of loves:
Love of learning, love of learners & the love of bringing the first two loves together'

MiMi