-Chapter 1-

((AN: This took me like a whole while to write, if it isn't that well written I'm sorry, it's just a bunch of data that I put into a story to make semi sense to my little brain-

Also here is the official Spotify playlist for the book:

https://spotify.link/ykFotBDdrDb

If you don't use Spotify just listen to the video I added >v< it just helps a bit!! Now enjoy reading!!! <333))

"Lance?" Keith spoke. He was looking Lance in the eyes, his own filled with confusion and worry. "Lance... what happened?" his voice was slightly louder.

Lance's face was slightly pale and his body was weaker than its normal state. He was looking up at the other paladins, they were all standing around him, obviously worried. Keith took Lance's arm to help stabilize his body.

Something about Lance has been off... in other words, strangely different for the past two days, he hasn't been his goofy self. Everyone kept asking him what happened , but nobody really got a proper answer out Lance. He always said "I'm fine." or "I'm just a bit tired." no real reason was given, and it worried the other paladins... especially Keith.

Keith had been the first one to notice Lance's odd behaviour...

"Keith... what are you doing?" Lance was now looking up at Keith, glaring into his eyes. He seemed annoyed by the fact that Keith was trying to help him. Keith spoke up "You're in no state to stand on your own Lance." his voice was stern yet filled with concern.

"I don't need help! I don't need your help Keith." Lance's voice was laced with annoyance, but his tone was cold. He pulled his arm away from Keith. "Just leave me alone..." his voice was suddenly softer, he looked around as he felt his head spinning.

"Lance stop denying it. You. Need. Help." Keith walked over to Lance again. The closer he got, the more Lance moved away. Lance's strength is slowly giving out. He is exhausted and sick, he hates it. This hasn't happened to him before. "I'm fine!" Lance yelled, he seems suddenly frustrated. Keith had backed him into a wall.

Keith carefully wrapped his arms around Lance as he gently picked him up. "Keith! Put me down- what are you doing?!" Lance is confused and shocked as Keith throws him over his shoulder. "Nu-uh. I'm not putting you down. We are taking YOU to a healing pod." Keith's voice is stern once more. He started walking with Lance over his shoulder as the other paladins followed them.

The arrived at the pods, Coran opens one as Keith placed Lance into it. "You're gonna be okay..." Keith whispered to Lance before they closed the pod to start the healing process. Shiro walked over to Keith. "Hey Keith, can I talk to you about something?" he looked at Keith with concerned eyes. Keith nodded his head lightly. "Pidge, Hunk. Can you two keep an eye on Lance's pod while we're gone?" Shiro asked as he looked at the other two paladins. "Yeah sure! Lance is in... great hands..." Pidge spoke, her voice was filled with mischief as she looked over at Hunk who just nodded. They both grinned at each other.

Shiro pulled Keith into the Castle hallways to talk. "Keith." he spoke in a serious tone though the concern never left his voice.
"Yes, Shiro?"
"If you know anything, anything at all about what could've cause Lance's odd behaviour... please tell me, okay?"

Shiro looks Keith in the eyes awaiting an answer from him. Keith stayed quiet for a few seconds before he spoke. "He's been acting like this ever since we had came back from our previous mission... Shiro, I'm worried about him..." Keith's eyes were still locked on Lance's pod. He hates seeing his friend like this. "I know you're worried about him Keith, but you can't let it get in the way of your training. Lance is in safe hands. He will be okay, I promise..." Shiro's voice snapped Keith's attention back to their current conversation.