4

In the dimly lit corridors of the Resistance base, Avalon wanders aimlessly, her steps uncertain and her thoughts scattered like stardust on a cosmic breeze. She's slowly emerging from the depths of despair, but the weight of her brother's fall still presses upon her like an invisible burden.

Her days have been marked by a lack of purpose, unable to fully commit to the Resistance's cause despite her mother's unwavering support. Her absentmindedness, a trait that has always been a part of her, now seems amplified by the turmoil within.

Today is no different. She walks through the bustling corridors, lost in her thoughts, her eyes often staring into the distance as if searching for answers among the stars. Unbeknownst to her, her path is about to intersect with another lost soul.

Poe Dameron, the charming and skilled Resistance pilot, strides through the corridor with a sense of purpose. His steps are confident, and his gaze is focused ahead. He's been busy with mission preparations and hasn't had much time for leisure, but a brief respite has led him to these very halls.

As their paths converge, Avalon's wandering mind collides with Poe's determined stride. They bump into each other, and for a moment, time seems to stand still.

"Oh, I'm so sorry," Avalon mumbles, her cheeks turning a faint shade of pink as she looks up to see the person she's bumped into.

Poe, with his customary charm, flashes a warm smile.

"No need to apologize," He says, his voice smooth as velvet, "Sometimes the corridors here can get a bit crowded."

Avalon blinks, her thoughts momentarily scattered.

"Yes, crowded," She echoes, her voice distant as she struggles to regain her focus.

Poe, intrigued by the young woman before him, can't help but be drawn to her ethereal beauty. Her presence is like a flicker of light in the shadows, and he's not one to pass up the opportunity for a friendly conversation.

"So, I don't think I've seen you around here before," Poe remarks, his tone friendly but tinged with curiosity.

Avalon's eyes finally focus on him, and she offers a tentative smile.

"I'm... I'm new here," She admits, though the word 'new' hardly seems to capture the complexity of her situation.

Poe's eyebrows raise slightly in surprise.

"New? Well, welcome to the Resistance. I'm Poe Dameron."

Avalon's smile grows slightly more genuine as she takes his outstretched hand.

"Avalon Solo," She replies, her name carrying a weight of legacy and expectations.

As their hands touch, there's a momentary spark between them, a connection that neither of them can deny. Poe's eyes twinkle with interest, and he can't help but find himself drawn further into the enigmatic aura that surrounds Avalon.

"Solo, huh?" Poe says with a grin, "You must be pretty important around here."

Avalon's expression becomes more guarded.

"I'm... still finding my place," She says, her voice tinged with uncertainty.

Poe, ever the smooth talker, senses her hesitation and decides to shift the conversation in a different direction.

"Well, Avalon Solo, if you ever need someone to show you around or if you just want some company, you know where to find me."

Avalon blinks at the unexpected offer of friendship. It's been a long time since she's had a genuine conversation with someone outside of her mother and a few Resistance members. Poe's easygoing nature and warm smile begin to chip away at the walls she's built around herself.