Chapter 1 - familar voice

Season 1, episode 1

_______________

It was like any other day in Atlanta, the survivors having to entertain themselves anyway they could either it playing games or helping out around the small camp they had.

"Hello, Can anyone hear my voice" The crashing sound of the radio was heard and a voice on the other end drawing everyone's attention to it.

"Hello, hello" the man on the other end spoke

Amy, one of Atlantas recruiters ran eagerly to the radio
Dropping the pile of logs she had in her arms before grabbing the radio.

Kayc stood arms cossed and her little brother by her side, the voice sounded oddly familiar but the girl couldn't get her hands on it.

"Hey, hello" she spoke

"Can anyone here my voice" he repeated

"Yes I can hear you, your coming through over"

The blonde girl had a wide smile on her face as she tried to speak to the man on the other end.

The voice spoke again; the cracks of the radio were making it harder to hear the unknown voice but he carried on.

"Anyone who receives this please respond. Broadcasting of an emergency channel will be approaching Atlanta on highway eight-five. If anyone receives please respond."

"We're just outside the city- damn it"

Kayc listened as Amy spoke into the radio but it cut off the muffled of voices faded away and you could no longer hear anything.
The girl wiped the back of her neck still trying to piece together why she would recognise the voice, his accent and the way he spoke was too familiar that it couldn't be a coincidence.

She shared a small glance over to her mother who stood beside her. Amy spoke to the man through the radio for only a few more seconds before she realised the man on the other end was gone.

Amy stayed for a few more seconds hoping the radio would pick up something but with no luck she sighed in defeat before placing the radio down and trailing off with the logs she had dropped moments before.

Kayc didn't want to give up as everyone else went back and remained what they were doing the girl had moved over to the radio she was crazy to think someone would answer but she had hope.
She sat down bringing her knees to her chest, tucking her light brown behind her ear and picking up the radio.

"If anyone can hear me please say something" the girl spoke calmly down the radio rethinking what she was doing.
She was desperate to hear the man's voice, the accent it sound just like her farther; Rick Grimes... Rick Grimes?

her farther was dead how could he be walking and talking?, she's not crazy but could've sworn it was her farther real voice...