Chapter 3- Deathrow

Season 1 episode 3

WHEN THE WORLD FELL, On that august day the first thing Kayc grabbed was her photo album

WHEN THE WORLD FELL, On that august day the first thing Kayc grabbed was her photo album. Every picture contained a single memory with its own words written underneath it;
She remembered vividly how Lori grabbed three duffel bags handing them to her two kids to pack their most vital possessions.

Since her farthers return she had the urge to get the book out of the side of her duffel bag, the light blue book had never been more missed by the teen, the small stickers Carl had stuck onto them pre apocalypse, doodles were drawn all over the cover.

Kayc sat in the RV her knees up to her chest, as she placed a picture of her, carl, Lori and Rick, on one of the pages the words written in her small handwriting;
my dads returned.

_____________

AFTER A VERY EVENTFUL DAY — night had fallen overtaking the clear blue sky enveloping everything beneath it, the group sat around a small fire, the same way they do every other night.

With her farther back Kayc sat next to him her head resting on his shoulder, carls sprawled himself out resting his legs ontop of theirs, his head resting on Lori's knee, Stroking the boys hair every so often.

Rick explained the events that happened to him the past few days "Disoriented, guess that comes closest, disoriented. Fear, confusion, all those things but... disoriented comes closest"

Dale spoke up next to Amy and andrea, shuffling in his worn-down patio chair "words can be meagre things, sometimes they fall short"

"Felt like I'd been ripped out of my life" Rick carried on to say "put somewhere else, for a while I thought I was In some coma, a dream, something I might not wake up from ever" Kayc had listened to every word her farther had said she thought how scary it would've been for him.

Carl shuffled in his place — causing Rick to look down towards him, his head lifted up off his mothers knee to meet his farther eyes "mom said you died"

Rick glanced from Carl to Lori "she had every reason to believe that"

Lori looked from Rick... to Shane.. to the fire "when things got really bad, they told me at the hospital that they were gonna medevac you and the other patients to Atlanta, it never happened"

"I'm not surprised after Atlanta fell, and from the look at that hospital it got overrun" Kayc listened closely to her farther words the grip on his arm never loosening.
She shared a quick glance to her best friend Jace who was sat on a log next to Shane, digging his knife into the dirt under him, she flashed him a quick smile as he did back.