~The Tunnel~

The next thing you knew, you were in the backseat of a car while Newt stood outside it and Frypan was at the steering wheel. You knew Thomas was going to try to leave, so the last of your maze had gathered there to go with him. If he was going to save Minho, so were all of you.

A dim flashlight shines into the warehouse. Reflecting off of the windows of the cars and other scrap metal.

It was Thomas as you had earlier guessed. He was usually the one to think of things like this, and you having been around him for so long, close to him for so long, had caused you to realize that he would also try to go help out with everything he possibly could. Including saving Minho. Especially saving Minho. He was all of your guys's friend.

And someone very close to the small group of you left from your maze. It was almost scary how close you had become from the amount of people dead, lost, or somewhere in this god-forsaken world still.

You hoped some were still out there, like the people left behind in the maze. You never saw them at the WCKD facility but maybe there were multiple, you just hoped they had gotten out too no matter what they chose back then. You still cared for all of them, from the day you set foot into that maze up until now.

"Where do you think you're going then?" Newt asks Thomas, turning on a lantern at the sound of his footsteps.

"Newt," you heard Thomas breathe out. It was almost in pain, as he realized what Newt was doing. Trying to go with him. To sacrifice himself for Minho as Thomas was going to.

"Now don't be a twat about it," Newt chides. "I'm already in. C'mon." He grabs Thomas's bag and starts walking towards the car you and Fry are sitting in.

"No. No, not this time. Look even if we find Minho there's no guarantee we make it back from this," Thomas states as Newt turns and looks at him with a slight glare. You watch from the back of the car, holding your breath. If he was this bent about Newt going, he's not going to be happy that you are too.

"Well you'll need all the help you can get then, won't you?" Newt smirks as he opens the door and reveals Fry.

"Well, we started this together. May as well end it that way, too," he says with crossed arms as if he wouldn't let Thomas argue with him.

"And y/n?" Thomas asks suddenly. Realizing that there were four of you left from the original maze.

"I'm here too," you called out timidly. Thomas was going to be mad, he was going to be so mad that you were going. You knew it.

But instead, and much to your surprise Thomas said, "Okay. Let's go get him back."

And so Frypan started the car, driving through the night to your destination.

"I honestly thought you would argue more," you admitted to Thomas with a whisper.

"I think we all need you here, y/n," Thomas spoke into your ear. There were mumbles of agreement from the front where Newt and Frypan sat. You snuggled into Thomas's side as the adrenaline wore off from your anxiety. Thomas wrapped a strong arm around you and kissed you on the forehead.

"I know I'm driving, but I don't want any funny business back there!" Frypan called as everyone chuckled. Newt seemed a bit on edge at the comment but for now they had called their truce and just wanted to get away from all this WCKD mess.

You closed your eyes after a few silent minutes of watching the darkened landscape outside the small car window. It was going to be okay...

And you leaned into Thomas as he leaned into you, falling asleep for a while.