3.New Friend

"Can you hear me, little one?"

I heard something.

Who was it?!

"Hello! You can hear me, can you not? Respond to me!" 

Well, no shit! But how was I supposed to reply without any mouth? As an experiment, I tried thinking Shut up, baldy! in my mind—not like this guy could hear it or anything. But how was I gonna get anywhere here if I couldn't even give a— 

...Oh-ho! You dare to call me bald, do you...? Rather a lot of nerve packed into such a little body, no? I had hoped to give my first guest in quite a while a little kindness, but it would seem you are in rather a hurry to die! 

"I'm sorry! I didn't know how to reply to you, so I just tried saying the first thing that came to mind! I'm really sorry about that! I can't see anything right now, so I have no idea what you even look like!"

<<Would you want to be able to see?>>

Authority-san just dropped a giant bomb on me mentally.

Wait you're saying that I could've gained vision if I had just asked?!

<<Correct. Fufufu>>

>>D-did you just laugh?!<<

<<It is just your imagination>>

>>O-oh<<

"How fascinating. I had assumed you reacted as such upon seeing me, but you cannot, eh? Most slimes are low-level monsters, incapable of conscious thought as they run through the cycle of absorption, division, and regeneration. It is the rare one, indeed, that ever leaves its habitat."

{Extra Skill "Magic Sense" Acquired}

"EHH A D-DRAGON!?"

"Oh you're able to see now!"

He looked positively demonic, towering far higher than I anticipated. My internal scream welled up, pouring out of me, and I don't think I could really be blamed for it.

Turned out, by the way, that I was indeed oval shaped. Like a little bun. Kind of a...light turquoise, maybe? Lighter than the daylight sky, but not by a lot. A rather elegant color, I thought. Shame about the whole being-slime thing. 

"S-so mister dragon what are you doing here in this cave?"

"I accidentally destroyed a country."

No ones going to 'accidentally' destroy a damn country you idiot!

"And I got sealed away by a hero after letting my guard down. I must say she only succeeded due to my carelessness! Kuahahaha!"

"Weren't you just too weak to win?"

"W-what t-there's no way! I'm one of the True Dragons in the world!" 

Wait what is a True Dragon?

<<There are only three True Dragons that are currently existing in this world. There are supposedly to be the strongest race in existing. Able to be reborn even if their souls would be destroyed.>>

W-woah that is kind of overpowered to say the least.

"So how long have you been sealed here?" 

"It has been 200 years since then."

What?! 200 years? I've been alone for 30 years without a partner and this guy was alone in a cave  here for 200 years!

"Well I have a suggestion, how about we become friends?"