SIXTEEN: Sick

Its been 2 months since Bongbong proposed to Leni. Nothing changed in their lives, he was still sweet to his beloved as if he's not with her throughout the day. Leni was in the living room sitting in her favorite couch when Bongbong called. The sound of the phone from upstairs echoed inside the mansion which made Leni thrilled knowing that it was her fiancé who was calling. She stood up from her seat, put the book down and made her way upstairs to answer the call.

"Mahal, pag pumunta tayo dun sa outreach program niyo palate tayo ng onti." She requested clinging on him as she sat on his lap. "Sige po, Mahal. Ikaw po masusunod, Ikaw ang commander ko eh." He chortled slightly kissing her neck. "Anong klasi ba ng commander yan ha?" She raised her eyebrows, getting confused about what he just said. "Commander ko sa ano. Taga sabi ng Yes or No if pwede kita lambingin sa bed. Hehe" he replied squeezing her thighs. "Naku! Ikaw talaga Mahal ah" Leni sternly said, parting from him as she stood her body on the wall, looking at her phone. "Ganda talaga ng asawa ko. Sobrang swerte ko talaga sayo, Mahal" he whispered to himself, staring at her as he was admiring her beauty. "My own Goddess, The prettiest in the world, The one and only love of my life, Leni." He smiled mumbling those words as out of nowhere, Leni fainted and was about to drop on the floor when he caught her on time. Bongbong immediately called the driver, still panicking while carrying her on his arms, he went to the garage and gently laid leni inside the car.

"Ano pong result, doc?" Bongbong asked, still pacing the halls of the hospital worrying what happened to his fiancée. "Stress. And she lost so much weight compared sa last time nag bumisita siya dito for montly check ups..." The doctor said explaining everything. "Sige po, Thank you so much Doctor Rivera. Can i check on her now?" He asked eagerly wanting to enter the room to see her. "Yes, you can check up on her later. As of now kasi she's still resting and maybe mamayang mga 1 pwede na siya ma release so she can rest sa bahay. Just avoid stress." The doctor said as he left.

"Daddy, okay na po ba si Mama? Can I visit her later?" Natalia asked on the phone, crying because she misses her Mom. "She's going home na po later eh. What if you help nalang your aunts with the food? So Mama can eat her favorite meals later?" He suggested, reassuring his daughter that everything's  alright. "Okay po, Daddy... Bye na po! Say hi for me to Mama!" Natalia replied and hanged the phone down. "Mahal, sabi ni Natalia Hi daw" Bongbong said kissing Leni on her temple as he sat beside her.
"Gusto ko na umuwi Mahal." She uttered resting her head on his shoulder. "Mamaya po Mahal, mare-release ka na. Iwas nalang po tayo sa stress ha?" He said softly.

It was 5pm and Leni got released from the hospital four hours ago. She was resting on their bed, scrolling on her phone as she was reading some news. "I guess ako muna nakaka alam tungkol sayo, mahal ko." Leni uttered in a low voice as she hid a photo in her photo gallery. "Hi my Mahal, busy ka po ba?" Bongbong spoke startling Leni who was minding her own business. "I-I guess Mahal." She coldly said looking at her necklace. "Mahal... dumating na po yung mga ring natin tapos naka hanap na po si Kirsten ng Event Planner" he replied smiling at her; looking at her eyes as if they're the only one's alive. "Mahal?" She asked. "Yes Mahal? Do you want to add anything or what?" He asked back, placing the box of rings in the bedside table. "Wala naman. Excited na ko Mahal. Isang buwan nalang kasal na tayo." Her cheeks were blushing as she started to pinch her lips. "Oo nga Mahal, I'm much excited as you are. Gusto ko nga ngayon na" he laughed.

"Daddy! Mama! Ano pong ginagawa niyo? Are you two busy?" The sweet little Natalia asked, jumping lightly on her Parent's bed. "We're just talking anak, do you need anything ba?" He answered giving kisses on his daughter's cheeks.

Days have passed and Leni was feeling a bit okay than before. She can move that much and can do regular daily activities. Bongbong on the other hand is accompanying her throughout the time he's available to be with her at home. One time, Bongbong accidentally entered their room while he thought that Leni was talking to someone else cause it sounded like a guy. Due to what happened, he started being beside her 24/7 and never left her side even if he was badly needed at work. He couldn't take overthinking anymore so he decided to ask Leni if she was seeing another guy.

"Mahal?" He asked, knocking on their solid wood door. "Come in, Mahal" she yelled, still reading her book. "Mahal... It's been days since I started overthinking and I can't get it out of my head. It's driving me crazy and m-may iba ka na po ba?" He asked, frowning and sat on the couch in front of their bed. "Po? Anong iba? Anong ibig mong sabihin Mahal?" Leni asked in confusion. "Nung minsan I accidentally entered our room tapos may kausap ka atang lalake..." he now started to tear up. "Mahal! Si Kit po yun, naga-aya po kasi sanang sumama tayo sa labas kina Grace pero sabi ko family time na muna, bawi nalang po tayo next time." She explained hugging her fiancé. "Totoo po yan Mahal ah? I'm sorry... I'm just so scared to lose you again. Di ko po kakayanin."He cried, hugging her tighter like a little kid. "Opo Mahal, at para lang sa alam mo, never na kitang iiwan. Kasi. Mahal na Mahal kita. Don't forget that." She reassured him with a kiss that turned them both on. They spent the night with just the two of them on the bed, not even checking on Natalia.