Too much on my plate

Balancing work, being a hero and a school student really eats your mind up. I've really had no time to hang out with friends outside of schools or go to a party since I have to do extra training with Nat or help Tony in the lab. I work as a barista in the local café a few blocks away from the tower so I'm able to walk every morning.

I get up at 4:45am for training with Nat. Sleep deprived me gets out of bed and into some training clothes. I pack my bag for school and make my way to the training room, where me and Nat work and hand to hand combat. Towards the end of the lesson I begin to feel woozy.

I massage my temples, hoping it would help whilst dodging a punch from Nat. My body feels tingly. Now I feel like I'm going to throw up. I spot a bucket by the bench in case there is a case of an odd stomach whilst training and I sprint to it. Nat looks concerned and follows behind me.

I pick up the bucket and heave what feels like my entire stomach into a singular white bucket. I guess the lack of sleep and too much exercise caught up to me. I regained feeling in my body and felt a warm hand rubbing my back soothingly.

"You ok Y/N?" Nat asks.

No no I'm not fine. "I'm good, just ate too much last night"

She lets me go after that and I take a quick shower before walking to school. The walks not too far away so it's perfect for me and it's actually quite close to work.

My school day goes as normal as it could. I answer some questions in some classes and I'm others I just sit and let others contribute, except maths. I just didn't listen in maths. Soon enough the bell rings, signaling that the day is over. I leave school and walk 10 minutes to work whilst checking my messages.

Nothing important, just Bucky and Sam fighting on the growl chat and everyone telling them to text privately. I inform Tony I'm at work as he's the only person who texted me outside of the group chat and he replies with a thumbs up. I reach work and throw on an apron, the I get set to making coffees and teas.

It's around 9:00pm when I finally get to turn the sign on the shop from opened to closed. I sigh, I'm on clean up and lock up tonight which is annoying since I really just want to go home. My chest aches for some reason, it's been like this since I threw up so I'm guessing I'm just still in shock but surely it would have been gone by now.

I clean all the mugs and jugs and place them back for tomorrow, I clean all the cutlery and place them in their correct holders too. Then I get set on cleaning the tables. I grab a rag and some spray and clean them one by one.

I'm cleaning the last one when I feel my phone ring in my back pocket. I take it out and see that it's the girl I'm partners with for the biology presentation due for tomorrow.

"Hey you good?"

"Yes I'm sorry but I won't be there tomorrow. My dads taking me too Greece and I can't say no. I'm so sorry"

And with that she hung up. Maddie's dad was rich, he was the owner of some big company that supplied him with all the cash all the homeless in the world needed more than him.

I grow angry, angry because now I have to do everything on my own and for tomorrow. I reach for the rag again but my hands feel funny. I look down and see that their shaking and that pain in my chest is getting worse. I think about the signs and figure out it's a panic attack, I used to help Tony out a lot with his.

I wipe my nose, which is now becoming moist and shake out my arms whilst trying to hold onto some oxygen.

"Breathe in and out breathe in and out. C'mon please work"

I'm crying now, I can't feel myself getting air and I soon find myself clinging onto the chair for support. I have so much to do in such little time. And along with a stupid project and waking up at 4 to go training I'd get no sleep tonight.