MOVING ON WITH SHU ; MANIPULATION

A small frown is evident on the sorcerer's face accompanied by pleading eyes. Disbelief stained every inch of his heart as rusted thorns threatened to be his warmest embrace in the cold of autumn. One thought echoed along the frozen walls of his head like the puck to an intense hockey match, he wasn't sure how he got here.

Living a normal life among regular humans was but a fantasy, but it was one he lived for so long. Years of trust tangled through his senses, pulling the knots of carefulness into straight locks of carefreeness. Shu missed them so badly, but holding on to those thoughts was like waiting for his body to heal and scab around a stab wound whose blade was still a foot deep inside his chest.

That time he got burned in the fire when he was younger still haunted him. The flames were so tall around him that he felt like a worm in the middle of the forest, and the air he once breathed in with warm laughter now piled up as smoke in his lungs like colorful autumn leaves resting under a bare tree. He wanted to scream but his mind was already too tired. Minds are always weaker than the body, as they say. Yet, he continued to burn on no matter how many broken versions of "stop" he let out.

Fire then wasn't pretty, or warm like daylight, and the constant crackling of the flames haunted him like the roars from a beast. The noises around him weren't comforting, it was the sounds of his family watching him disappear into the hearth. Flames bounced and danced around him as if mocking him secretly with silent laughter only he could understand.

Tears came out of the young sorcerer's eyes, a last but failing effort to calm the flames.

It was ironic how similar the situations were. How he met Luxiem to how he cut ties with his supposed lover.

He couldn't fight, as he was safe and sound now, just newly traumatized as before and spit out into a world where everything feels discombobulated.

Even worse, Shu remembers them with a smile.

They loved him deeply, and they still wanted him. Those flames were just a bluff, and they'd come later to save him, none of this was something they wanted to do.

Shu Yamino wanted to believe that the person he loved was their true self, even for just a week, a minute, or a single second.

A similar situation, wasn't it? He burned in the painful warmth of fire while being watched by the people he loved; his body was a zoo to them, but why?

Flashback ; 'dear my first love' (Shu Yamino's 2nd life after being burned)

"I'm sorry, Shu," They looked down at Shu's bloody face, a face that didn't show the words that came out of their mouth. He was tied to a pole and in the hand's of his lover's mercy.

"What?" Tears came out of the sorcerer's eyes as his own brain asked his eyes why they were flooding.

They pulled out a large clay jar, one shaped with care and beauty, and poured it from Shu's head. Water. He thought, as his clothes seeped into darker shades. His nose wrinkled in disgust.

'How could the smell of water be so pungent..?'

The thoughts in his head were answered as his dearest lover struck a match, throwing it on the floor where the leftover water pooled. As the fire grew, he understood. It ate him alive from the ground up, those familiar flames, and the familiar warmth that left no room for the cold of the night to reach him.

"Gasoline" was the last thought that struck his mind, as Shu Yamino was reduced to ashes.

In his other lifetime, he was thrown into a fire with his family watching him, in this one, tied to a pole with his lover lighting him ablaze. As he looked up to them, they looked disgusted, and also relieved. The looks of love he fell for so easily were false all along, huh?

Present time ; sorcerer's 3rd life (LUXIEM)

"Shu?" Luca tilted his head to match the view of the sorcerer's.

"You alright? You good?"

"What? Oh, yeah" Shu smiled back, tucking the leftover violet strands behind his ear.

"I'm good." 

A/N: 

This one's short!!! But I feel like it doesn't make sense, so here's the explanation n' timeline

1st life: Shu Yamino's debut lore
2nd life: Transported to a life where he meets his 'lover' 
3rd life: meeting luxiem

Pretty much the same thing but with double death and a new life! 

If you didn't read the previous A/N, this is a luxiem x fall vibes x getting over someone! 

Now, for the explanation:
Shu remembers his family watching him being burnt alive in his first life, and he reminisces the parallels of how he met his lover, and how he met luxiem, and how they were both through burning into a fire.

anyways in his second life, his lover lit him on fire for being a sorcerer, as they were kinda feared in that timeline.

i felt like being manipulated/ blackmailed wouldn't quite fit for shu's chapter, but MY OTHER IDEA WAS THAT IT WAS GOING TO BE A MUTUAL/ ONE SIDED BREAK UP! like i feel like he'd just smile and be like. "oh" and then be sad like seasonal blues hello?? 

-

MYSTA'S CHAPTER IS GOING TO BE ME PROJECTING FR!! 

HONESTLY HC THAT SHU WAS AFRAID OF FLAMES EVEN THOUGH HE'S A SORCERER!! + FLAMES ARE PART OF HIS DESIGN