~Rem~

My name is Subaru Natsuki. I come from another world. For a while now, I've been trying to protect the ones I love. I have an ability that allows me to do so. I call it: 'Return by Death'.

"Rem..." I uttered.

The two of us stood atop the cracked and worn rubble. Merchants and demi-humans traversed across the streets below.

"Emilia is the one I love..."

I watched as her eyes watered, her face tightening. I had rejected her.

Many Numerous Months Later.

The halls of the manor passed me by. In my left hand was a miniature fob watch. Beams of sunlight stretched down from the windows above. With the whole situation at Pleiades Watchtower over, everything was finally at peace. Of course, there were a few other mishaps like the run-in with GarfieI at the Sanctuary and the whole battle against Petelgeuse. But now that was all behind me. Sometimes I think that something is wrong. Every now and then things just feel off. Like how there should have been other archbishops to fight... I try not to think about that though. I'm glad Petelgeuse was the only one I needed to defeat. Now I could finally enjoy myself without having to worry about some looming threat. My eyes widened as I stopped before the courtyard.

"Mili!" I shouted and ran outside.

"Subaru?" Called Emilia before I tackled her in a hug.

She stumbled backward and fell into the grass as I held her.

"Sorry Mili! My love for you is so much that I just can't hold back!"

"You're so funny sometimes," She laughed.

She then looked down at the fob watch in my hand.

"What is that Subaru?"

"That's actually what I came to ask you about."

I held up the trinket.

"I figured if anyone would know what this was, it'd be you. I found it in the woods while I was going for a walk this morning."

"A walk?" She questioned.

I snickered.

"Okay, you caught me! I was picking flowers for you!"

I yanked out a bouquet of roses from my tracksuit, proudly presenting them before Emilia.

"Thank you, Subaru, but what do you want me to do with them...?"

"Huh? Oh! You put them in a vase with water! Back home giving flowers to a loved one is a romantic gesture!" I said proudly.

She chuckled again, her eyes still locked on the relic in my hand.

"Subaru... That definitely is more than just an ordinary watch. Lots of mana is flowing inside. I'd ask Roswaal to take a look."

"Lots of mana? Thanks Mili! I'll have Roswaal look into this some more!"

I began walking away only to stop. She called out to me.

"Subaru! Just be careful-"

I smiled. I turned around and flashed a thumbs-up.

"Don't worry Mili! I won't get into any trouble!"

"I sure hope so..."

I walked back into the manor, my footsteps echoing through the immense royal halls. I fidgeted with the trinket in my hands. Is this some kind of magic artifact? The top of the watch then clicked in place. The trinket unfolded in my hands.