Chapter 11

"Say that shit again, I fucking dare you!"

John didn't know who he was attacking, he just knew he was being disrespected and they needed to get beaten and bloodied.

"Worthless trash! The hell made you think you could take me down?!"

He couldn't see anything clearly, his vision was muddled by blood and anger. He could only make sense of it all once he had finally relented in the beating. Only then, had he realized what he was doing, staring down at his hands with traces of blood covering them.

...Wait, W-Why am I...? I s-shouldn't be...

Then, he looked down at the person who had been the victim of his attack, a girl his age, long purple hair splayed out, and glowing blue eyes that gradually began to fade away, becoming hollow.

NO!

John awoke with a startle, pushing himself up quicker than he should've as a pained gasp escaped him, his arm instinctively placing itself on his core, clutching his ribs, not taking notice of the bandages that had been placed. Even moving his arms was rather painful.

A dream...just a nightmare, it wasn't real. Motherfucker... His ragged breathing became controlled, remembering the method his dad showed. 

Once he settled, he rubbed his eyes, a miserable chuckle leaving him. It's been a while since that's happened. From the details of it, seems like that encounter with the Queen brought up things he'd rather not dwell on.

Only after this had he taken a look at his surroundings. "Huh, how'd I end up in the infirmary?"

"That's what I was wondering."

...Oh no.

A slight turn put him face-to-face with Darren, the nurse with the permanent resting murder face, standing at the end of the bed.

"Uh...what's up, doc?" John spoke with a nervous smile, trying desperately to stay on his good side, if he had one in the first place.

"Barely halfway through the week and you're already..." Darren inhaled a deep breath and let go of an audible sigh, one that John could hear the disappointment in. "Tell me, how does the strongest student in the school end up here?" 

"L-Let's just say me and the Queen got into an argument." John explained, looking away from Darren's look.

"Hmph." Darren reasoned that was the only possible option, Seraphina and John were the only ones on par with each other, level-wise. Knowing John, maybe he shouldn't be surprised he clashed with one of the royals.

The good nurse pointed to the file cabinet to the right of John. The only thing of note from what John could tell was the glass of green liquid sitting there.

"Drink it." Darren ordered.

John looked back, terrified. "You're trying to poison me?!"

That earned him a smack on the head.

"Idiot, it's a healing tonic." A scary smirk came upon his face. "But don't give me any ideas."

Oh god.

Begrudgingly, John took Darren's word and downed the drink, having a slight bitterness to the taste but it looked like he was telling the truth, he could already feel the injuries he sustained begin to slowly heal.

"It's your first one, so it'll take some time for you to completely recover, but it'll do the job." Darren said.

John sighed, such a shame that he can't keep abilities once his own deactivates, Seraphina's fast healing trait would've come in handy. If she can control Time, she can probably reverse it, that's why her Recovery can be so high.