Chapter 19

As John typed on his laptop, making the corrections his roommate suggested for his notes on his presentation, Blyke stood behind him, leaning forward slightly with his arms crossed. His gaze moves from the laptop to John, brows furrowed in deep thought by the guy.

Blyke had wondered why Isen got so damn skittish as they were leaving the Boba place until he told him why, thinking John might have discovered them as they were leaving. Isen had a point for something, there wasn't any reason for John to turn back in their direction just because. Nothing else was going on around them, they should've just been lost in the white noise

But...did he really know we were there? How could he have? ...A passive?

In any case, we've been back here at the dorms for a few hours and he hasn't mentioned anything about it. Remi hasn't brought up anything either...

"Okay, that should do it, right?" 

Hearing John, Blyke gets out of his head and looks at his laptop. Besides just bullshitting around, this was all that John asked Blyke about—in desperate need of some last-minute help, he said. Blyke was already finished with his work on the Project for tomorrow, so he figured he'd throw John a bone. 

In front of him was the main points John would go over in his speech. Thankfully, Blyke didn't have to spend much time with John on it, aside from one thing or two of tweaking a few plot points to be more accurate, as well as helping him get rid of unnecessary details.

"Okay, yeah, looks good. Just work on memorizing the information before you present and you should be good to go." Blyke said with a nod. "Besides, with Seraphina as your partner, that A's guaranteed." 

John chuckles. "Right, right. Thanks again, Blyke, I appreciate it." He says, initiating a fistbump that Blyke followed through on without a second thought. 

"No problem, bro." Blyke said before he began to head out of John's room. "Don't worry about owing me one this time, alright?" He says with a smile and chuckle.

"Is that so? And here I thought you were making up for you and your boyfriend spying on me."

Blyke was stopped in his tracks, hand gripping tightly onto the doorknob out of instinct, like he was pushed into full-alert mode by John's sentence. Blyke looks back at John and sees that while he had an amused smile, there was a look in his eyes that Blyke could tell wasn't good for his health. 

...Crap, am I dead?

"Well...uhm...fuck, I guess you did know," Blyke says, him rubbing the back of his head the equivalent of pleading guilty.

So he was there too. I figured.

Isen's only had his ability active a handful of times around John, but he's felt it enough to pick it out of a crowd if needed, he just needed some time to sit with it.

"So then, Blyke," John spins himself around to face Blyke, arms held up in a shrug. "Wha da fuck?"

"Okay, look, it wasn't my idea to begin with, first of all." Blyke began, raising a finger in defense of himself.

"Woooow, the idea belonged to the "Ace Reporter"? Never would've guessed." John remarked, rolling his eyes as he spoke.

"You're being a dick, shut up!" Blyke remarked. After taking a breath while John had a little laugh, he continued. 

"We...We noticed you and Remi heading out somewhere and, with what went down earlier with those six dickheads and Remi being the Jack, Isen thought some shit might go down between you two. So he decided we should follow along so things didn't get out of hand. That or you two were..." Blyke's mouth ran a little too much and unnecessary details were about to spill. He cursed internally, wishing he could've stopped some words before.