Chapter 18

(Short chapter)

"Katsuki! Go and get some groceries!"
"Why!?"
"What the fuck do you mean why?! Do you not want dinner!?"
"Fuck fine." 

I grabbed my jacket and walked out of my house

I called Marinette on my phone but she declined my call.
"Huh?" I shook my head and decided to call her later.
I walked to the grocery store and got everything I needed.
I went to the cashier and waited in line.
I decided to call Marinette again.
Declined....again.
I glared down at my phone and paid for my stuff.

I walked out and started walking down the streets.
I was passing a restaurant when I caught something in the corner of my eye.
I looked inside to see Marinette and that blonde idiot, eating and laughing. 
I stared at them through the glass, feeling my heart break little by little. 
Why? Is she on a date with him?
That idiot put his hand on top of hers. They were staring at each other with so much.....love?
I mean, I knew she loved him from the very start. This was just for protection. I wasn't supposed to fall for her. But she.....she pulled me in. With her amazing smile and kind heart. With her cute face and her clumsiness. 
He leaned in and cupped her face. No...

They kissed

They kissed...
I didn't mean to but I punched the glass lightly. But it caught Marinette's attention because she turned around and made eye contact with me.
I stared with tears in my eyes. I turned around and rubbed my face. I stomped away.

Marinette's POV:

No....I didn't want to kiss Adrien, but he just did. And now Bakugou saw.
"I...I got to go." I got up.
"But-"
"I'm sorry Adrien! I don't like you like that anymore!"
"But-"
"I just don't Adrien."
"It's Bakugou isn't it?"
"No! It's....it's complicated! I got to go." I ran out of the restaurant and looked for Bakugou.

I saw him walking down the street. He turned the corner so I ran behind him. 
"Bakugou! Wait!" I yelled out hoping he would hear. 
I ran as fast as I could with a skirt on and turned the corner to see him still walking.
"Bakugou! Please!"
"Leave me the fuck alone, Marinette! Go back to your fucking boyfriend!"
"Why do you even care!? We're not really dating!" He stopped making me stop quickly.
He turned around and glared at me with wet teary eyes. He clenched his fists around the grocery bags.

"We weren't really dating? Really? Fuck." He scoffed and rubbed his eyes.
"Marinette, I've been doing every fucking thing to protect you! And every time, you would do something to ruin my plans to protect you! But I still didn't care!"
"So what?"
"What I mean is you're selfish! I've been doing everything to protect you! He's a fucking prick! He called you a fucking slut! He didn't stop the bullies! Marinette! He ignored you for days! Why do you still like him!"
"But I just do!"
"That is the dumbest excuse I've ever fucking heard!"
"I really don't understand why this bothers you so much, Bakugou!"
"Have you never ever thought about what I was feeling this whole time!?"
"What? Tell me! What are you feeling because you're being stupid right now!"
"I was protecting you! I cared for you!"
"Oh, you're so great, Bakugou! What do you want now? We made an agreement at the beginning! I didn't know I had to pay you!"
"You know I never wanted money!"
"This wouldn't even be a problem if you wouldn't make one out of it!"
"You know what!?"
"What?"
"This is it. I can't do this anymore." He stated calmly with tears running down his face.
I had tears in my eyes as well. 
"Bakugou.....please don't make this worse than it already is..." I wiped my eyes. 
He sighed and turned around, taking a few steps.
"Don't you dare walk away from me!" He continued walking away.
"Bakugou!.......Please!" He turned the corner and I dropped to my knees.
"Bakugou..." I sobbed into my hand.

I didn't know why I was crying so much

I didn't know why I was crying so much. He wasn't anything besides a saviour to me. He wasn't anything else to me....so why was I crying so much?