Three

"I dunno." Ruby said, looking back to her phone. "I'm still thinking about it."

"So there's a possibility?"

"Yeah, if mom decides to not sell the house and give it to me, I guess."

Jack smiled, satisfied with the answer and then he slammed the door carefully behind him. He already experienced his sister's temper and he didn't want to push his luck. Then Jack ran downstairs, to the kitchen where he expected to see his mother. But she was already gone and her fiance sat there, all alone waiting for Jack to take a seat beside him.

"Your mom's already gone to work." he said with a visible yet understandable accent. "She prepared a plate for you, here." Will stood up and gave Jack the plate who took it and sat on the seat across of him.

Jack likes this man. He treats not only his mother, but also his sister and Jack right, which his actual father has never done. But still, Jack couldn't help but feel strange about him because of the innumerable failed relationships from his mother which he had to experience every single time and it never ended well.

However, his guts regarding the men his mother dated were never wrong and looking at Will, Jack doesn't get anything like a bad vibe - actually, his guts are telling him that he is, in fact, the right one for his mother.

"Why are you smiling at me like that?" Will asked, looking up from his food.

Jack shook his head and mumbled a quiet, "Sorry." He was embarrassed, to say the least. He didn't even notice that he was staring.

Will nodded and continued to eat and Jack felt kind of awkward sitting here and not talk about anything.

Normally, his mother or sister (or both) would sit here as well so he wasn't used to it. But Jack knows that he needs to get used to it. Afterall, Will is going to be a part of his family soon.

Jack stuffed the last cherry tomato into his mouth, said "Bye." to Will and went up to his room.

Maybe, but just maybe, Jack thought about not telling Carl anything. The situation isn't even clear, god, Jack doesn't even understand what's going to happen so involving Carl into this mess would only create problematic confusion and that was one of the last things their relationship needs.

Suddenly a thought crossed Jack's mind again. Are they even together? At the moment it seemed like it but they never talked, talked about it. Actually, all they did was making out twice - once they were interrupted and the other time Carl claimed it to be a mistake, but still. There must be more behind it, right? Definitely. After all the stares, jealously and whatever else happened, Jack was sure that Carl at least has a little bit of feelings left for him. That's for sure. Jack does too.

*

It was the middle of the night and Carl was caught by suprise. He was watching TV with Debbie and Liam as someone suddenly knocked on the door.

"Carl." Debbie, who opened the door, screamed through the whole living room. "Your handsome friend is here."

Carl immediately stood up from the couch and went to the door, just to see a blonde haired boy who held two tickets up, there.

"Looks like you two got a date, huh?" Debbie said, smiling as she saw the tickets.

"Shut up and continue watching your shitty show." Carl said annoyed. But his happiness wasn't hard to miss. Debbie went back to the couch beside Liam and left the two alone, not without looking over her shoulder one last time to smile at him all cute and knowingly though; yeah, she doesn't know shit, honestly. She wasn't the most important thing in the room, of course, therefore Carl ignored her and he closed the door behind them and looked up.