INH-Chapter 1: what dose it mean, to be human?

My first memory was of taste...

The taste of blood to be specific...

I had memories before that, but they weren't my own...

They were off a woman, her name was Akari. Her life was simple, a plain old gardener, but her quirk was called perfect consumption. It allowed her to consume perfectly anything, leaving no waste. She became a vegan because her quirk consumed more than just the body, but their skills, knowledge, and memories, too. After eating some beef and experiencing being slaughter as a cow, she never touched meat again...

Her last memories were being thrown in a dark room, in it was me, a gelatinous mass of flesh and teeth. My creator had kidnapped her and given her quirk to me, and then he had me consume her...

By consuming her, I was given counciusness, and I was given the ability to think. And I was cursed with her suffering as my primitive mind at the time acted on instinct and slowly ripped her apart...

Bit by bit...

Flesh from bone...

Blood from veins...

Organs torn out even as she still breathed...

She was the first of my victims...

The first life I had taken, a mere hour after my supposed birth as I would later find out...

But she was not the last...

The next was an old man, by the name of Daisuke. He was so kind, spoiling his grandchildren at every opportunity, giving his son a hard time when he could, making tea for his daughter in law when she visited. He was a widower, his wife dying a year before we met...

My creator had approached him with an opportunity. His son had fallen on hard times financially, and the creator offered him help in exchange for aid in testing a 'medical break through'. I was that break through...

His quirk allowed him to perfectly manipulate the cells in his body, though he never used it as he just wanted a simple life. When I consumed him, he was horrified and tried to fight back, but his frail body wasn't able to use his quirk as he had never bothered to practice it...

In his last moments, as my fangs tore through his jugular...

He thought of his son, his daughter in law, his grandchildren...

And finally, in acceptance of his death...

He thought of his beautiful wife, he would finally reunite with...

This was an experiment for the creator to see if Akari's quirk could also consume people's quirks...

It worked...

I had near unlimited control of my form now...

No longer restricted to my gelatinous form...

The creator had me first learn to take human form. He chose for me to look like a young white-haired boy...

I only took such a form when he commanded me, too. I chose to take the form of a writhing mass of tendrils and teeth instead, to look like the monster I was...

I'm not a culmination of my victims' counciusness. I'm my own individual being, just cursed with the memories, knowledge, and experience they held. Every second till their death at my hands...

I had more victims after them, though the master took their quirks, I was given their bodies, to have materials to experiment with...

173 victims...

All in the span of one year...

From all over the world...

From their deaths, I learned so much...