1. Killer first impressionist

"What'd you get up to this time?" Rory asks me while shaking her head silently laughing, as we look up to Kirk's house that's been egged. "Just some late night decorations, thought this place could use something more" I nudge her on the shoulder and we continue walking around. It's very unlikely that Rory would even think of hanging around with me, I mean she's practically considered royalty here in stars hollow. But considering she's dating my twin brother Dean, I figured getting to know her couldn't hurt. She isn't as goody as people make her out to be. While yes she studies and studies and reads at any given moment, she's nice company and actually listens.... Unless there's something on her mind.

"HEY WHAT HAPPENED TO MY HOUSE?!" We heard a scream in the distance... narrowing my gaze to meet Rory's, we laugh and I mouth, 'run'. And so we run as far as we can from a very angry and confused sounding Kirk.

"I cannot believe we got away" I say between breaths as we walk into Luke's. "Hey, I'm innocent it's all you" Rory defends also trying to catch her breath, feeling a gaze on us, we look up to the counter to find Lorelai, Rory's mom, chatting with Luke who seems to be giving me the, 'what did you do this time?' Look. I wave innocently at him. "Hey mom, you will not believe what just happened" I look at Rory, with wide eyes and make a mouth zipping motion with my hands to tell her not to say anything. Although Lorelai just laughs at most of the stunts I pull around here.

"Hmm let me guess, you're being a great influence again?" Lorelai asks, moving her eyes away from Rory to look at me. I shrug, "only the best in town" I say sarcastically and Lorelai let's out a giggle. "Oh girls, you have to meet someone, Luke's nephe-" "Lorelai, don't" Luke intervenes, "he won't listen to me nor yo-"

"Woah big family gathering, huh?" We see a boy walk behind the counter, he takes one glance at me and gives an awkward smile. Then turns his head back to Luke. "I'll be upstairs" he says and leaves. I look at Luke with the. 'Are you not furious' expression. Considering NO ONE goes behind that man's counter. Should've seen the last time Sookie did that, it wasn't pretty. "We'll meet Jess, Luke's troubled nephew" Lorelai gestures to the staircase he just walked up. I wave to the staircase mockingly, "hey Jess" I say. "You have 5 seconds" Luke says, looking out the window. I see an angry Kirk. "And that's my queue" I say before dashing out of Luke's and back into the streets of Stars Hollow. Luckily enough I think Kirk got a bit distracted with Mrs Patty.

"Seriously, you know what this is gonna mean for our families reputation, M" Dean says as he's giving me the responsible older twin talk. "Hey I doubt egging Kirk's house can be any worse than the time you broke up with Rory" I state, lifting my hands up in the air for a split second. "Haha very funny" he says, obviously annoyed "I mean egging Kirk's house probably is something everyone has wanted to do at some point, I think I'm in the clear. Annoying Kirk is like peak humour here" I defend myself against my older, wiser brother. Standing up to leave his room he says, "you are impossible" "that's my middle name" I bite back, then leave his room. Only to be met with someone angry at my doorstep.

"Oh hey Kirk." I act innocent and surprised to see him, "you know what you did." He points his finger at me, a small bit off egg residue falling off it. I make a disgusted face, "seriously Kirk, why does everyone blame me for everything that happens in this place?" I ask him, faking a tear. "You- you did do this righ-" "I am so sick and tired of this." I sniffle "I am sick of being blamed by things I have nothing to do with, it makes me look like a bad person. And I swear I'm not a bad person Kirk, I promise I would never do anything like this to you" Kirk's face softens a bit and he almost looks like he feels bad for me. Oh I am glad drama is my favourite subject. "Then if it wasn't you, who was it?" He asks, thinking I might know. And luckily first impressions are my greatest strength. "You know Luke's nephew, I think his names Jess, yeah well I hear that he's a bit of a trouble maker himself. You might wanna check there"

"MARIA YOU CANT DO THAT" Rory screams at me, and suddenly a wild Lorelai appears in the doorway, "I heard what happened from a very angry Luke on the phone." She looks at me "Maria what were you thinking blaming it on the new kid, he's barely been here for 48 hours" I just slightly chuckle, "sorry I just thought it would be funny and as you know Lorelai, I'm clearly a charmer" I playfully wink. "Well luckily for you missy, you get to have dinner here with me and Rory.... And Luke and Jess" And after Lorelai says this, the colour drains from my face. She walks over and pats me on the shoulder whispering, "good luck" in my ear and walking out again. I turn to face Rory and she's just laughing. "I am so screwed aren't I?" "Majorly" I sigh and place my hands on my face. "Majorly screwed"

A/N: Hii, I'm still writing my Dean fic, but I think this is going to be my main focus for right now. I highkey loved writing this chapter and Maria's character is quite different to those I've wrote before. Also I think after rewatching I'm officially team Jess. Unless we're just talking about the first 2 seasons then I'm team Dean.