4. Skipping already

Because me and Jess have similar schedules we have the first 2 periods together and it just so happens that he wanted to hear if Dean ordered pizza last night. "I gotta give it to you, the Pizza guy trick. Pretty funny. Oh did you know I'm banned from ever ordering from there again." He laughs at my response and takes a wrong turn, "hey class is that wa-" "wanna get out of here?" He asks me curiously. And while it was only second period. I wanted to leave, but leaving with Jess is definitely not the best. "We can do something to annoy Luke" he continues to bribe me to come with him. "You know what, fine. But if my parents hear about thi-" "didn't take you as the type to care what your parents think" he interrupts my speech, putting his hands in his pockets and motioning me with his head to come with him. "Fine." I quickly walk over to him, disbanding from the rest of our class.

"When you said, 'do something to annoy Luke' do you really just mean do what you would normally do." I ask curiously because it's obvious to everyone in town that in the short amount of time, no one gets on Luke's nerves more than Jess. "Are you assuming that I annoy my uncle?" He questions, raising his eyebrows in a, 'I can't believe you'd assume such a thing from me' type of way. "I don't need to assume from all the stories I've heard from Lorelai" he laughs. Just for a short time. "So come on, tell me the plan"

We were never gonna be allowed back in here again. Meaning I'll have no coffee and...Jess will be homeless. Luke is a cruel man.  "Okay okay this is a good plan, but we can't exactly do it right now. I mean there's people in the shop and Luke is pretty busy" I point out as we peak through the window. We crouch down again, sneaking around. "Good point, tonight then?" He implies, I'm assuming he wants to keep the question rhetorical. "So what now? We skip school to annoy Luke but can't annoy Luke until he closes for the night?" I ask , clearly frustrated. "Pretty much." Jess sighs standing up from his crouch position, me soon doing the same.

"So how did you end up being named, 'stars hollow's trouble maker' it's quite a difference compared to your brother" Jess asks me whilst we walk around town not caring anymore if we get caught. "Well you'd be surprised that Dean was more hated than me at one point" I tell him, looking at the ground awkwardly, "oh really?" He questions smiling at the fact that Deans been hated, "well obviously he's dating Rory and if you haven't caught on, she's beloved around here. And he broke up with her" Jess immediately started laughing because I have to say his reason was pretty pathetic. "But me, I actually got the nickname because one day I got really angry at my dad, I ran out and sort of graffitied all around the town square, it was pretty therapeutic so I kinda just stuck with doing anything that seemed rebellious" I let myself just talk it all out. And I have to give it to him. Jess is a pretty good listener.

"Guessing you get mad pretty easily then?" He chuckled sarcastically, "something like that" I reply, stopping at the stars hollow sign. "You see the rubbed out mark?" I say pointing to a faded green mark. Jess squints his eyes and moves closer to inspect it. "I mean out of all the tags you could come up with? You choose this one?" He retorts, seeing the stupid 'M' faded out. I laugh and push him slightly in frustration at his comment, "What would your tag be?" I ask him curious about his answer, "bold to assume that I'd ever do something like this."

"I'd never be caught dead skipping school. I mean that's almost like a crime in my world" Rory admits as I catch her up on what I've been doing all day. "I was wondering where you and Jess went" Lane comments, looking at me past Rory who stands in the middle of us. Meeting each other at the bus has kinda became our thing. "You went wit- with Jess?" Rory questions sounding worried and confused. "Jess, seriously I thought you hated him" "not hate, strongly dislike though" I argue smiling widely at Rory who looks like she's seen a ghost ever since Jess' name was mentioned

It was almost 10pm, 3 minutes until Luke's closing. According to Jess. For all I know I'll be standing here like an idiot for the next 2 hours. Why did I agree to this? "There you are" a voice said into my neck. Too close to my neck. I swiftly turned around to see him standing there. "Never do that again" I pleaded, him taking a few steps back. "Why are you scared" he said in a whiny tone, making a pouting face. I scoff at him, shaking my head and looking back through Luke's window to see him about to switch the lights off. "Does he even lock the doors now that you're here?" I ask, because I'd heard that Jess didn't even have his own keys. And well... you know Jess. He doesn't exactly have his own curfew. "Of course he does. I finally agreed to having my own set of keys" Jess states, looking at me with the, 'you're crazy if you think Luke would leave his place opened all night' look. Which makes sense, it would be pretty stupid if he did.

I was peeking through the window and Luke's eyes almost caught mine. They would've if Jess hadn't grabbed my shoulders and pushed me down, along with himself. We were now in the suspicious crouch position we were in earlier. Only we were too close for my liking. "That could have ended badly" I breathed, chuckling at Jess' tense face. "Wow you really wanna get on his nerves don't you." I imply, seeing as he REALLY didn't wanna get caught because then our plan would be off.

Soon enough the lights went off, I think Luke might've had a bit of an existential crisis about seeing a moving figure outside his shop door. "You ready?" I question him, finally standing up. "I should be asking you that, ready for no coffee for a week?" He asks, now that is a question that I'm afraid to answer. "This better be good, Mariano."

A/N: AJSBAJBAJBAH