𝟎𝟎𝟎 ⚹ ᴜɴᴏ

PROLOGUE

song : ᴄɪɢᴀʀᴇᴛᴛᴇ ᴅᴀʏᴅʀᴇᴀᴍꜱ

*٭🟊٭*

"Hey! You can't double up Jesse!" an 8-year-old Estelle exclaimed as she gazed upon the plus four card that lied on the very top of the Uno card tower that had been built by the children surrounding it. Jesse let out a defeated sigh before reluctantly sliding his card off the pile, accepting his fate. Before he could protest Estelle had handed him four cards to add to his collection with a victorious smile.

Jesse Kazansky decided to keep his mouth shut and resist the temptation to say something back. Callum Wilson, Bradley Bradshaw, and Benjamin Kerner all watched with joy. Callum was holding back a laugh, receiving an elbow to the ribs by none other than Ben who sat beside the boy. The four boys did not want to cross Estelle Carrillo, she was a force to be reckoned with.

Estelle was two years younger then all of them, and the only girl within the small, tight-knit group. However, she gave people a piece of her mind if they crossed her the wrong way. If they did, God save their soul. It had become tradition for the five of them to play uno whenever they were together, which due to their fathers and mothers being good friends, that meant they played often. Bradley smiled slightly at the tough expression worn on Estelle's face before placing his card down with a plop as Callum let out a groan.

"You always do that Brad, let me live!" Bradley just let out a giggle as Callum slumped to the ground. Her was the dramatic one of the groups, in love with music and dancing. "I'm going to need some cheer music to help me now." Before anyone could stop the boy he had already reached for the radio beside him, turning the dial right up as the sounds of Kenny Loggins – 'Dangar Zone' whipped throughout the small room.

The others shook their heads at the boy as Estelle suddenly stood up, dropping her cards beside her, facing down. She lifted her two arms out, making herself appear as if she was flying. Bradley was a curious little boy, after losing his father he asked his mother more questions about him, he only remembered small fragments. He became quiet, but Estelle knew how to break him out of his shell.

The four boys looked at the younger girl with confusion as she zoomed around the musky-wooden room. "What are you doing Stella?" Ben questioned as a beaming smile made its way onto the girl's face. "I'm pretending to be a jet, flying in the sky. Like the ones my Daddy flies" Estelle explained as Ben began to stand up and copy the small girl.

"This is Benjamin Kerner, reporting for duty." Ben stated in the deepest voice he could do at the young age of ten. Estelle made her way towards a seated Bradley, yanking him by his arm. The boy gave the girl a confused look before shrugging his shoulders and joining the pair. "This is lieutenant Bradshaw; we have a bandit incoming!" Bradley exclaimed as Callum and Jesse stood up together. The group of children began chasing each other, the sound of laughing and 'Dangar Zone' filled the room as the sun peeked behind the horizon.