Chapter 15 - The Marksmon

"So.. does that mean I can use it again..?"

"Yes, in moderation. Don't put your body under too much physical stress, but your shoulder seems pretty well healed. You shouldn't need the sling anymore."

Aria was currently examining Tempest, this time at her own den rather than the siblings'. It had been a week since he had broken his shoulder, and Aria's treatment had worked wonders, especially with Tempest just taking some time to settle in and get used to life.

Over the last week, Tempest had proceeded to spend time with Ash and Vanessa nearly every day, learning more about them as time went on. Ash had been getting friendlier and friendlier, and in turn began doing weirder and weirder things, including but not limited to completely irrelevant arguments, and learning the hard way that physical contact with Tempest did not come without some risk.

Vanessa was still quiet, even after Tempest tried to have a heart-to-heart with her, but she did now seem far less uncomfortable around him now. It was less like she was hiding and much more like typical shy behavior, which Tempest saw as a step in the right direction.

Aria had seldom been present. It was difficult to tell if she was just making excuses, or if she really was just that busy. The times she had tagged along, she often kept the whole party in check, mainly Ash. He tended to either get distracted by shiny things or his own wild ideas, which may or may not have ended up with him falling into the central fountain at one point. That ended up being a very long day.

All in all, a very enjoyable experience for Tempest, and thanks to not being found in a precarious situation of being attacked or stopping someone else from being the victim of such violent acts, he was finally able to get his shoulder checked again, and it looked like it healed as quickly as it could have.

Ash and Vanessa were also present, though they weren't in the room. Tempest had originally visited their den, since he didn't know where the Espeon lived, and she had said to come and visit her after a week. Turns out, they were already planning on heading over, so Tempest just tagged along.

"Thats such a relief to hear, this thing was beginning to drive me crazy.. it was kind of a pain to shower around. Don't even get my started on how stiff my arm is beginning to feel."

Aria chuckled as she used one of her many tools to cut through the bandaging, rather than taking forever to try and unwrap it herself. It came off with ease, the release of tension and his recovered freedom of movement both being things that Tempest had greatly missed and was able to appreciate once more.

"I have something for you that should ensure that the rest of the restoration process goes smoothly, but otherwise, you won't have to worry about your shoulder anymore. Please, just don't forget to go easy on it at first."

"Oh thank you so much, Aria, you're the best!"

Tempest couldn't help the huge grin on his face, which contagiously spread to Aria as she huffed pridefully. Another job well done, and a really interesting one at that, something she could brag to her mentor about. She quickly dipped into a small side room, leaving Tempest to his own devices for just a moment.

Aria's den was a lot different compared to his own and the siblings' den. Rather than a main collective room, the entrance opened into an actual living room, fit with a reading chair and a love seat sofa. One entire wall was completely stacked from top to bottom with an assortment of colorful books, the other walls just having a few shelves and stands with some items.

The kitchen was its own room, looking somewhat familiar with a large dining table and an island countertop. Along the wall sat the usual appliances and a long line of cupboards, each neatly organized and micromanaged heavily. There wasn't a speck of dust anywhere across either of the two rooms.