Chapter One - The First Breaking Point

Muichiro's pov

"You look amazing Mui" my mother said when I was showing her my new outfit. She kissed my forehead and patted my back, saying "now go on, you don't want to be late for school, right?"

I nodded energetically and grabbed my back, happily walking towards the main door before putting my shoes on. Today is Valentine's Day and I decided to confess to my crush.

We never really spoke to each other but he helped me during biology lessons multiple times and just by that, I managed to fall in love with him so quickly..

He is very attractive and popular while I am.. none of that. I am not very attractive, I am quite chubby which doesn't make me look very good.. it affects my popularity quite a bit too, everyone just makes jokes about my weight.

I wanted to lose some weight but my mom refused to feed me any less, thinking I will get obsessed over losing weight and it'll become a serious issue.

I was always a little chubby, it just got worse as I got older. I never really cared about my weight, it hurted when people laughed at it, yes but.. it never got so bad that I just wanted to focus on losing weight.. until this day.

Once I got to school, I immediately started to look for him, hoping that he'll be alone and I'll be able to confess to him normally.

Suddenly, I spotted him.. unfortunately with his friends but I didn't back away, I had to do it!

I walked over to him and tapped on his shoulder, making him turn to look at me. "Oh, Muichiro, need something?" He asked and I nodded, looking down and saying "mhm.. well.." quietly.

"What is it?" He asked once again and I took a deep breath, saying "I-I.. I like you!"

There was a minute of silence. I could feel my heart beating out of my chest, I was so nervous. Suddenly he started to chuckle, soon bursting into a hysterical laugh.

"You love me?! You can't be fucking serious! Do you really think I would love someone like you?! Just look at yourself! You look like a fucking ball!" He yelled out, making my heart sink.

"How fucking stupid" he chuckled and slammed me against the wall, holding my neck with his hand "oh come on Muichiro, you actually thought I'd return your feelings? What made you think that? Was it because I was nice to you for once?!"

Tears filled my eyes as I tried to pull his hand away from my neck but a sudden pain in my stomach stopped me. I dropped on the floor when he let go of me, clutching my stomach in pain.

He kicked me once again, and again and again to the point I just had my arms wrapped around my head, hoping he'll stop soon.

After a while, he finally stopped and grabbed me by my hair, making me look up at him. "Pull yourself together Muichiro, no one will love you if you look like this.." he slammed me back on the floor and walked away together with his friends.

I laid there, sobbing quietly in pain, both physical and emotional. Everything fell apart around me, everything seemed so dark now and.. I didn't know what to do.

I forced myself to stand up and rushed to the restroom where I locked myself in one of the stalls and just cried. I cried non stop, I never felt this horrible before.