83 - The Angel's moody?

"...Ah."

Once Amane finished the latte, a cat hopped onto his lap.

It was the American Shorthair that was at the table next to them.

He had a look at its profile, and the word was 'Kakao♀'.

One had to wonder if she was bold or naive as she innocently hopped onto his lap, which disturbed him.

Amane understood very well how carefree cats could be, but he was a little restless to have one suddenly approach him.

The warmth on his lap was heavier than he thought. She curled up, as thought declaring his lap as her dominion.

"This one ain't shy."

Amane let Kakao sniff his hand, and saw Mahiru looking envious.

Once Kakao was done sniffing, she rubbed her face on his palm. He had a feeling she was asking to be patted or hugged, and like how he practiced on Mahiru, he tickled Kakao's chin.

Kakao was making a gulping sound with its throat, which was apparent from the way she shook and purred.

He felt fuzzy and healed after seeing such cuteness, and continued to pet the cat. He was however concerned by Mahiru's envious look beside him, and smiled.

"Mahiru, hand over here."

"Eh? Y-yes."

Once she reached her hand out, Amane moved his hand from Kakao, and put Mahiru's hand near Kakao's cheek.

This cat probably was not shy in the slightest, and found humans approachable. She probably would let others pet it if they greeted her properly.

Kakao had a sniff of Mahiru's hand, let out a relaxed purr, and rubbed her face onto Mahiru's palm. Mahiru seemed very moved, and her eyes were sparkling.

"Amane-kun, it let me touch."

Amane smiled at the exhilarated Mahiru, and patted the kitten, combing its fur.

It had fluffy, smooth fur, probably because it was better cared for, and did not have an annoying stench. It had a little of its distinct scent. The shop attendants really care for it, Amane thought.

Every cat appeared to have good fur and health. None of them were too plump or skinny. They were well cared of, and could freely walk anywhere.

"...So cute."

"Yes...I am envious of you, Amane-kun..."

"Try asking Kakao. Get it to hop onto your lap."

Despite a difference in languages, sign language was unexpectedly effective.

Mahiru tried slapping her legs "Over here~" Kakao purred, and slowly walked towards Mahiru's lap.

Amane looked delighted when he saw how moved Mahiru looked.

"Amane-kun, look. She is on my lap now."

"That's good. Try patting her."

It appeared Kakao was more fond of Mahiru's soft thighs than Amane's sturdy ones, for she made a shriller purr, and rubbed her face on Mahiru's palm.

Mahiru beamed as she patted away, and with a wry smile, Amane took out his cellphone to record this sight.

"Can I take photos now?"

"...You may."

Mahiru continued patting Kakao. Amane smiled at Mahiru, and stood up.

There were a few magazines and manga on the wall shelf, so Amane wanted to take a few.