I woke up the next morning barely wanting to get out of bed but being voughts hot shot you got to. I get up putting on my uniform and take a shot of vodka before I head out trying to ignore the fact that somebody I looked up to at one point didn't just try to choke me out in an elevator. I head outside heading to my training room where I sat and trained my laser sight aiming. "Hughie you and butcher have to stop it'll turn your brain into fucking Swiss cheese" I turn around starlight yelled a little to loud on the phone. "I'll be there" something's up I can feel it. I follow starlight to an ran down apartment I couldn't enter behind her so I flew to the top of the roof and head downstairs using my x ray vision to try to find which rooms she's in. After about 5 minutes I found it and listened to the conversation.
"Butcher,I told you can't be taking the temporary V anymore your gonna get yourself killed" butcher,Billy butcher? The guy who tried to off homelander like 80 times. Of course me being the supe I am bust the door down to investigate. There it was frenchie making a bomb of some sort,mm loading up his gun,Hughie standing right by starlight's side and butcher going back and forth at her. "Well did I miss the family reunion" I said walking inside grabbing a bread roll on the table and sitting down in a chair. I took a bite of the roll as I see everyone stare at me in horror accept for Billy,he didn't care he was just angry that I busted his door down.
"That's a least gonna cost you four hundred dollars" he says investigating his door
"Fucking twat" he mumbles under his breath. I chuckle a bit and then look right back at starlight.
"Listen I can explain,homelander is dangerous he's way worser this year than last you gotta trust me on this" I chuckle "not a chance sweetheart,so which one of you pricks wants to go down first" Frenchie,mm and Hughie all aims their guns past me I turn over and see homelander. "I'd say this bastard right here first" he says pointing over at butcher. My heart falls through my ass "uhm-i was gonna pick uhm" i grab Hughie to make it look like I wasn't taking this whole situation as a joke. It was to late though Hughie teleported out of my hand and ran out the front door right along with butcher,frenchie and mm oddly he let them get away me and starlight sat there like missing children looking for their parents at a grocery store. "Oh starlight,I guess you have to burn your hand on the stove a couple of times to realize it's hot" he says with a very disturbing smirk. "Get out of here" he says to what I thought at the time both of us but as I walked behind her he grabbed my arm. "And you,we might have some things to discuss I sat here and watched how you thought this whole situation was a game" he claps his hands twice and the apartment disappears we're back at vought it was a simulation the whole time. "What the hell" I mumble under my breath
"Besides your just the diversity hire,we really don't need you here-" the moment he said that I dropped to my knees begging him to keep me here. "Please homelander in the third most powerful supe besides you and soldier boy I'm begging you that I stay" that asshole look he had on his face soften very fast and turnt into a mischievous grin. "Wha-I'm sorry" I get off my knees he definitely was into that. "But please don't fire me" he still has that smirk on his face.
"Alright,alright" in front of me he grabs his bulge and starts to softly pat it. "Uhm" he scoffs and walks away from me. That was awkward. Anyhow I walked to Ashley office and listened to her chew my face off like crazy about how I made fun of the whole situation and how I'm the diversity hire blah blah blah,I wasn't listening if I'm being honest. Eventually the meeting was over and I walked this time to the 30th floor because Stan Edgar was throwing a party for vought and how many years it's been around I'm a little traumatized from elevators. Ashley was thanking workers around her and I sat there and gulped down probably around fifteen vodka tonics. I have a high alcohol tolerance. I was joking around with A Train not looking behind me when I bumped into homelander and spilt my drink on his uniform. "It looks shitty anyways I made it look better didn't I A Train" his smile dropped quickly and so did mine I realized who I split the drink on my drunk mind took over I damn near forgot who homelander was. "I mean-uhm" I grabbed paper towels wiping the vodka off but homelander was fed up with me at this point. I felt his palm grab my shoulder and before I know it I'm at the roof of vought dangling off the hedge as he has my neck. "Homelander wait-hear me out I'm drunk I'm sorry I didn't mean to you know I can't catch myself mid fall" why did I shout out my weakness to this man. "Homelander please" I was pleading for my life. He put me down on the roof and I caught my breath "goodness do you get off to people pleading for their lives" I shouted out of anger. He chuckles. "Is it obvious?" I get up my eyebrows furrowing in confusion "is that why you keep choking me?" He smirks. Never knew he was into that and I'd sleep better if I didn't know it. "What do you say Layla . Partners?" I quickly nod my head no "no-I mean its a pleasure but no sorry" he tosses me his phone "to late" number one trending on twitter was #shelander gossiping websites celebrating me and homelander dating this is gonna be a long day.