Prologue

You sighed and finished putting the last few items you would need into your bag. "I can't believe-" you sighed. As much as you loved ibis and his parents it hurt to leave the only family you had ever known. You knew you wouldn't be returning to Katolis for a long time, if ever. You took a look around for what you knew would likely be the last.

"Hey, you ready?" Ibis asked, slowly walking up to you as you looked out the window.

You forced a smile. "Yup, let's get moving." You said in a false cheerful tone that fooled Ibis.

He held out his hand. "Come on, my- our parents are waiting for us at the gate."

You took his hand, grasping it a little tighter than necessary.

"You alright?" He asked.

"Just lost in thought is all." You said. It wasn't a lie, you had a lot to think about. "Should we get some jelly-tarts for the road?" You asked, realizing that this was likely the last time you'd get to enjoy them fresh from the oven.

Ibis nodded. "Why not?" He asked. "Why don't you go get those and I'll let Callum and Rayla know we're heading out?"

"Sounds good." You said, turning to enter the bakery. "Hey, Barius!" you said, stepping in.

He spun around. "Hey y/n how are...you..." he knew how to read hidden emotions better than most people. "What's wrong?" He asked.

You sighed. "I guess this is my goodbye. I don't know if I'll ever be able to come back..." you said sadly. "I'm no longer welcomed by my parents, so there's no place really secure for me to stay here."

He wrapped an arm around you. "Don't give up hope yet, they may come around."

"No, I chose Ibis and his family over them, I no longer have place here."

Borius sighed and gave your arm a gentle squeeze before going to get you a box of jelly tarts for the road. "Well my business is growing, perhaps I can pay you a visit when I head into xadia next. Ive been delivering to the sun-fire elves for a while now, I have General Amaya to thank for that."

You smiled. "Thanks, it means a lot."

Borius told you to take the tarts for free, but you felt strange doing it a second time so you left a few coins on the counter when he wasn't looking, then you left.

You met up with Ibis at the gates of Katolis. "Alright, let's go." You whispered, taking his hand and giving it a gentle squeeze to reassure yourself.

He smiled. "I love you. You know that right?"

You nodded and the four of you headed off to Xadia. Ragnar asked you a bit about your life as you all traveled. They where simple questions, but they managed to distract you from your thoughts.

You were honestly just glad to not be alone. You were traveling with good people who cared for you immensely.

You traveled across the bridge and into the wilderness of Katolis. "You ready for another adventure?" Ibis asked you with a smile.

You noded. "Time to go..."

He held out his hand and you took it, stepping into the dense forest.

And with that, your next adventure began...