Joy and laughter

You woke and looked around. It took you a moment to locate ibis, buried under the blankets.

You smiled and buried yourself as well before nuzzling up to him and yawning.

His eyes fluttered open and he smiled. "Hey, y/n..." He said in a horse voice.

You smiled. "How are you feeling?"

He responded by coughing into his arm before pulling you close to him. "I'm exhausted..."

You knew exactly how he felt and you held him closer. "I love you..."

He moaned and pulled you closer. "Why do we have to be so tired?"

You sighed. "We're sick so our bodies are using all the energy they have to..." you paused as his head fell onto your chest. He was already asleep again.

You smiled. "Get your rest dear... you need it..."

-.-.-

A week passed and you were nearly 100% but ibis on the other hand was not. He hadn't changed a bit. 

You babied him even though you knew you shouldn't. You stayed with him as much as you possibly could. Zym was back now and he payed a few visits to ibis which he always loved.

Zym seemed to know just how sick ibis was. He'd come in with a cup of tea balanced on his head for Ibis and it always melted your heart.

Zym ended up falling asleep at Ibis' feet and you couldn't help but smile. It was just too cute. You spent hours reading about magic and the sky arcanum and pretty soon you felt highly confident with it.

When Ibis did wake, you always felt relief wash over you. It felt good to know that he had the strength to open his eyes now and then.

Zubeia stoped by to say hello. She managed to get her head inside the large double doors of Ibis' large room.

Ibis woke with a jump and started laughing. "I'm sorry! I don't mean to be rude but how did you..." the rest of his sentence was drowned by his laughter.

You didn't know much on dragon expressions but you could tell that Zubeia was smiling. "Well it's good to know you're in a good mood. Now if you'll excuse me..." she went to pull her head out but it was stuck. "Oh no..."

Ibis laughed even harder as she tried to get her head out of the doorway.

"I think I'm stuck..."

"Looks like you'll just have to stay here..." Ibis said still laughing.

"Are you making fun of me?"

Ibis laughed again.

With some work you mannered to get her head out the doorway. "Goodbye!" You shouted as she flew off chucking.

Zym bolted into the room and slid across the floor before crashing into the wall. He stood up and shook his head before barking at it.

You chuckled and shook your head. "Oh zym..."

He looked at you and tilted his head while giving you his baby dragon eyes.

"What do you want?"

He crouched down and wiggled his butt before lunging at you. "Help!"

Ibis spent more time laughing before he fell into a coughing fit.

You ran over to him. "Ibis? You ok?" 

He moaned and closed his eyes. "I'm exhausted."

You held him close and cradled him in your arms. "I know...I know..." You were beginning to worry, he shouldn't have been this sick still.

Ibis fell asleep in your arms and Zym lay at the foot of the bed, also worried.

You sighed and shook your head there had to be a way to help him heal faster.

Once you were sure he was in a deep sleep, you left to speak with zubeia about your concern.

She nodded. "I'm afraid he's getting worse... I'll send word to a healer. An earth-blood elf that lives not too far from here. I'll see if she can't help..."

Relief was the first thing you felt when she said that. "Thank you..."

Zubeia lowered her head so it was level with you. "It's really I who should be thanking you..."

"What?" You asked confused.

"You have taught me much since you first came here..." she whispered.

You smiled and gently placed your hand in her fluffy white hair. You said nothing, you didn't need to, you both knew what the other was feeling.

-.-.-

You sat on the landing, thinking about the first time you had come, a smile spreading across your face.

You adjusted the strap of your bag and looked up at the mountain towering before you. After everything you had been through, all you had encountered on your trip, this mountain couldn't be that hard. You smiled at the thought of the soul fang serpent lunging at you and hitting the wall of the oasis in the center of the desert. Callum had told you of the elf named Nyx and when you told her that you were friends with Callum and Rayla she offered you a safe passage across the desert.

You began your journey up the mountain one step at a time. It took you much longer to reach the half way point than most people. You stoped to admire every plant every little creature you came across.

It was getting harder to breathe when you saw a tiny bird. You knew it was too young to be flying so you very gently picked it up and looked for its nest. You saw it, about five feet above your head.

You gently put the bird in the hood of your cloak and slowly climbed up to the nest. "There you go little one..." you whispered, putting it back with its siblings. "Be more careful next time," you said as you panted.

You gasped as the rock your foot was on gave way and you slipped. To your surprise you didn't land on the stairs below but someone caught you.

You quickly spun to see a skywing elf. "Are you alright?" He asked.

Suddenly, your heart beat escalated and you took a few steps back. Why you were afraid of him you didn't know. You hadn't feared Nyx and she was scarier looking than this elf. He didn't even have wings.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you..." He said in a gentle voice. You cautiously stepped toward him. He smiled. "My name is Ibis, mage of the skywing elves..."

You smiled. "And I'm y/n," you said shyly, shaking his hand.

You blinked back to reality and smiled. Ibis had been your first friend in Xadia, then he was your first love... and now... now he was your will. He was your everything.