Chapter 2: Strange World, Isn't It?

Natalie's P.O.V.

I slammed my phone on the bedroom dresser, not wanting to wake up. Star came over and sat on my face. 

"GET OFF ME, YOU STUPID CAT!" I yelled through a mouthful of fur. Star immediately got up and started nudging me. "It's 7 am. on a Friday morning, I need my sleep..." I turned over, then sat up straight. 

"It's Friday!"

I ran outside my bedroom, where I spotted 2 plates of delicious-looking food on the table. I gulped down my breakfast, and I didn't bother to warm anything up. It still tasted good, though!

Just as I took my last sip of cold tea, the phone rang. I answered it. 

"Hello?....Ohhh, it's you, Eleanor....Yeah, last time....sorry about that, but you......what? No way! I'm not going to attend some weird Anime-con or whatever....yeah, I might be mean, but you're annoying, so we're even...Nothing, just talking to my stupid cat again....yeah, Luna's still out at work...she left around 3am...I know it's a Friday, but still...yeah, I'll let her know you called. Bye!" As I hung up the phone, I groaned. "It's too early to deal with life..." However, I had no time for such thoughts. I grabbed my best outfit, and rushed to the bathroom. After I took a shower, I put on a pink-and-light-blue crop top, a pair of black jean shorts, white knee-high socks, and white sneakers. I put a bit of makeup on, then let my dragon form come out. I turned around, looking at my outfit from different angles, taking it in. Then I shook my head. If I showed up with my horns, there was no hope of me getting that job. As I stepped out of the bathroom, my form hidden, I was greeted by Star. She gave me an irritated look.

"What did I do now?" I grumbled.

She walked over to her red food bowl. 

"Ok, I'll get you your Purr-fait..."

I flung open the cupboard door, but the cupboard was empty.

"Oh no! We're out of Purr-faits and Munchie Scrunchies!" I gasped. I rushed towards the door. 

"Mrrrow?"

"Ok...."

Within seconds, I had placed a slice of cheese pizza in Star's bowl.

"This is pizza. You've seen me and Luna eat it, so obviously it's very good."

I put my phone and wallet in my pocket, and was about to grab the trash when....

Ding!

I answered the door. It was Ben, the landlord of the apartment.

"H-Hey, Natalie! I just came over to collect rent-"

I crossed my arms, smirked, and looked him up and down. "Why is it that we're the only tenants you collect rent from personally?"

His face turned red, and his eyes widened. "I-"

I laughed. "You know there are other ways of making friends without coming off as creepy, right?"

I fished through my wallet, then remembered...

"Sorry, gotta run!"

As I rummaged for the trash bag, I could hear him saying, "Just ask her out already!"

Could he?-Nah, he couldn't, I thought as I FINALLY found the trash bag. I barged through the front door, rushing past Ben, who looked flustered.

"Sorry, trash! See ya later!"

As I entered the elevator, I realized what I'd said. Oh my god, did I just call him trash? It's fine; I'll apologize later...

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I ran through the back exit, and neared the end of the alleyway. As I slung the trash into the bin, I spotted something out of the corner of my eye. Five boys, all in cosplay outfits, were passed out in the. back. My first thought was to call 911, but why call when you can do it yourself? I ran over and started rubbing my hands over them. As soon as sparks started flying, I touched each one of them. Finally, one stirred. He had yellow to ombre horns, salmon- pink hair, and a really cute outfit. The minute he saw me, holding up a ball of white flame, he yelled, "HUMAN!" 

Immediately, they all got up, and unsheathed some cool cosplay weapons. I laughed nervously. "You guys don't have to be so real about this, you know that?" They whispered to each other, and all gave me death glares, save for the one with light blue horns and dark skin, who was still passed out. As I came closer, I noticed a sword embedded deep in his chest. He wasn't breathing.

"OH MY GOD!" I screamed. For a moment, the others shrank away, looking utterly confused. I rushed over to his side. Remember what Luna taught you, and stay calm; but she never taught me how to bring back someone from the dead!  I gently prodded him. I let out a sharp gasp. It was as if someone had torn out my gut. I looked down to see the sword flung 5 feet away, and the guy's chest was rising and falling. I smiled.

Then I passed out.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Rhys looked at this tiny human, who had just before been holding pure white magic, passed out on the ground. Asch summoned his own magic.

"Let's just kill her no-"

Pierce started coughing. Immediately, Noi and Rhys rushed over to his side.

"But I thought you were-"

 "I'm fine." He looked between the scar down his chest and at the girl. He felt something, but couldn't quite place it. 

Leif leaned down near the human and began stroking her hand.

"You're not seriously-"

"I'm tracking her source of magic. Whatever he used on Pierce was indeed powerful, but hard to wield."

When he was finished, Leif summoned a ball of glowing green light. Immediately, a trail of white appeared, leading from the girl to the back entrance, and beyond. Without another word, the Daemos left. 

Thank y'all so much for the view and votes! I never expected so many views in one day; I hope to do some more tomorrow, but I have work, and activities.....

I hope for this to be a kinda sequel to the first My Inner Demons, because God knows we need a season two; however, I haven't explained the part in between, because there are enough fan pics about that. Just go to Bubble Berry or L'il Softie, and watch their videos. 

Anyway, the next chapter is going to be a good one, so keep your eyes peeled. Take care, drink water, eat good food, and be happy, y'all!

-Lily :)