Storytime

Luna's P.O.V.

 I heard before I saw.

Screaming. It sounded like it was being muffled, though not quite well. Kinda like a fly; pretty annoying, I thought. I didn't want to open my eyes, but I had to. Otherwise....she would come back.

I opened them. I expected blinding pain, but none came. I sat up, surprised. Nothing?! How was that possible? Maybe I'm in heaven. Maybe it's all something crazy. I'll feel reality any second now......

One, two, three. Nothing. 

I risked a glance back at my wings. What. The. Actual. Heck.

Where the sickle had once cut part of my wing off, there was only a long, pinkish-blue scar. I flexed each wing, now at a time. They felt...amazing. 

"WHY IS THIS DAY TAKING FOREVER!?"

I glanced behind the couch. The same green-horned demon I had seen before was lying on the ground, toying with a bloodstained dagger. As soon he saw me looking at him, he abruptly sat upright, and put the weapon away. I slowly backed away, trying not to let my ears come out and pin themselves back in anger. But, as usual, my inner wolf didn't listen to me. As they folded themselves back, Leif took a deep breath and took a step towards me. He looked....tired. Odd, I thought. 

Then it hit me. He had done something to my wing. I growled, low and menacing. He stopped inching towards me.

"Look....can we just talk this out, like Rhys INSISTS?" He didn't look too happy with whatever this Rhys guy was asking him to do. I laughed hysterically.

"Okay, first, you burst into my apartment, you scare my sister to hell, and now you want to talk? Let's do something like this," I said. I summoned shadows into my hands, and shaped them. I threw one at him, and he blocked it with his sickle.

"Ha! You missed!"

I smirked. "Did I?"

The darkness started spreading along the blade, and crawled up his arm. He yelped and tried to drop it, but I continued. Once he was completely binded, I moved him to the couch, where I set him down. 

"NOW we can talk."

Amused by his terrified look, I continued. "First though, I'll take care of your little friends."

I turned, and walked towards the hall. He opened his mouth as if to yell. I flicked my wrist. Immediately, the shadows covered his mouth. I let the darkness take him, and stepped into the hall.

------------------------------

The first thing I saw was the same dude Natalie had hit with a frying pan, holding her in the air, his hand clamped across her mouth.  The dark-blue horned demon (Rhys) was talking to another demon, this time with white horns, black hair and black eyes. On his right horn he bore a mini-crown ring or something. I actually found the whole scene quite hilarious, but I shook my head. I had a few things to do.

I watched as the white-horned demon made as if to say something to Rhys, then snapped at the other. 

"Pierce, can't you shut that prisoner up?" When Pierce shook his head, he sighed. "Fine; I'll do the job myself."

"Prince Asch, are you sure?" Rhys sounded nervous. "I told you about the other, and she is very protective of this human-"

"SILENCE." Asch summoned a ball of blazing flame, and moved closer to Natalie. "This'll make her quiet for sure." If anything, it only seemed to make her scream louder.

At this point, I'd snapped. Prince or not, this guy was going to pay for trying to hurt my sister.

I jumped in front of Natalie, my wings spread out in a defensive/protective stance. They all stumbled back. I growled again, my ears coming out AGAIN despite my best efforts. Noi gasped.

"A-a spirit.....human?"

"YOU IDIOTS ARE ABOUT TO DIE BY MY HANDS RIGHT NOW!" The shadows moved. I willed them to form themselves into two forms; a girl holding two twin swords, and a big black wolf with green eyes. One of them flung the lamp at me, but the wolf caught it and snapped it in two. I laughed. The girl grabbed Noi and flung him against the wall, and he slid to the ground, groaning. I saw a shadow over my head, and I flung a ball of shadow magic at Pierce, and he dodged, letting go of Natalie. I hugged her, while the shadow-forms circled me, creating a sort of guard. "Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah...."

I stood up, and turned to face the demons, who were desperately trying to fend off the oncoming attacks. I flung my hand out, and the shadow-forms stopped, mid-attack. They returned to a passive stance, and I stepped forward. 

"So......." I grabbed the girls knife. She didn't react. I walked slowly towards them, my hand tracing the edge of the blade. "Are you done fighting? Do you surrender?"

One of the daemos (Rhys, which I knew by his Harry-Potter style broken glasses), approached, his hand raised in a gesture of surrender. "We mean you no harm. We just....need help."

I narrowed my eyes, looking them all in the eye. None of them looked like they were being dishonest; in fact, they all looked like homesick wolf pups. I sighed. 

"Fine. You have five seconds to get on the couch. And Natalie..."

"Huh?" 

"Make some popcorn. I'm looking forward to this story."

--------

Natalie's P.O.V.

I started making popcorn, the sound of it calming me down a little. I had to admit, this whole situation was crazy, but if I trusted Luna, this would be fine.

I could hear little snippets of conversation over the crackle of the popcorn, but didn't catch enough to make a good assumption. As I entered the room, I heard Rhys saying, 

"And so..."

"OH COME ON!" I flopped down on the carpet, huffing. "I didn't even get to hear the story."

Luna looked at me exasperatedly, and sighed. "It wasn't important for you, anyways." 

She turns to them. "And why should I trust you?"

Rhys sighs. "Please?"

"Fine." Luna gestures to me.

"Natalie, help me bring out the extra pillows and blankets. I have a felling these guys are going to stay for a while..."

AAAAAAAACK

Hi guys! I am SO SORRY I've not written in like....forever.... but I'm trying, okay? I'm really tired. Ye.

Also, I'll be starting an account on Netbook, because I've heard some comments about it. Hope to see you soon!

-Lily