Dark Angel Fallen

Luna's P.O.V.

As soon as I climbed through the window, I knew something wasn't right. I could sense a strong magical presence in the apartment. Perhaps Natalie just had one of her magic bursts. In that case, I better get to preparing the potion. As I entered, I noticed Natalie sleeping on the couch. However, the magical aura was active. What was going on here?

I heard voices drift in from the other rooms. By doing some quick brainwork, I heard five different voices, all male; two were coming from the bathroom, two from Natalie's bedroom, and one from the pantry, and apparently, one of them was....screaming?

Immediately, a million thoughts rushed through my mind. What if they were demons? Or maybe vampires? Or magic hunters? Or even dragons...

Just then, I heard Natalie begin to stir. I shook her awake, while having a literal panic attack. Maybe they hurt Natalie? What did they do? She looked up at me, looking confused.

"What?...But I could've sworn..."

"We've got to get out of here NOW!" I harshly whispered.  She seemed to understand that now wasn't the time for asking questions. I grabbed her hand and we both tiptoed towards the front door. As we neared it, I spotted a cosplay guy with demon horns and pink hair lying on the ground, with Star sleeping on top of him. Clearly, he was bested in a wrestling match by my cat, and had obviously lost, I proudly thought. We tried to sneak past him, but I accidentally hit myself on a table leg. He saw us, and his eyes widened.

"HUMAN!" His high-pitched voice carried throughout the apartment.

"RUN FOR IT!"

Natalie and I ran towards the door, only to be blocked by a green-horned demon with white hair, and a dark-blue horned demon carrying a staff. The green one threw his arms out, blocking us from escaping.

"Heh"

Natalie screamed and raced back toward the kitchen. I ran after her. After all, the was like a sister to me; I need to protect her, I thought. As we neared the kitchen, Natalie spotted a frying pan on the stove. She grabbed it and held it up (seriously, Natalie? You trying to be like Rapunzel or something?). The same two demons followed us. The green one saw the frying pan.

"A weapon!"

Another demon emerged from the bedroom, carrying a huge sword. I started feeling a little unsure about this. Meanwhile, Natalie looked terrified. 

"I thought you guys weren't real! I thought you were just...a figment of my imagination!"

"She saw us...in her mind? Then truly she must be powerful." The one with a staff proceeded to approach us. 

"DON'T come near me or...or I'll...I'll fricking scream!"

"Wouldn't her the first time I made a female human scream..." the green-horned one replied. Despite the situation I was in, a small smile crept across my face. What did he mean by that?

The dark blue guy was clearly annoyed by this comment. "Leif! Hold your tongue!"

"You know what I mean!" Leif replied. 

The dark blue demon turned to me. "Please...we mean no harm."

The light blue demon looked confused. "I thought we meant all the harm?"

"Asch isn't here..." the dark blue one replied. 

Natalie took this oppurtunity to toss the pan at the other light blue one. It hit him, and he stumbled. She ran towards the door, screaming. The dark and light blue demons followed, leaving me with Leif. He lunged at me, and I ducked, and rolled to the side. I saw him unsheath a pair of emerald-green sickles. I immediately grabbed his arm and twisted it behind his back. One of the sickles dropped to the floor. I saw the other come up, and I fell back. I grabbed the one on the floor and hurled it at him. He dodged, causing it to embed itself in the wall. Holy... Waves of tiredness coursed though my body. I just wanted sleep....

I saw Leif come at me again, and pure instincts took control this time. My wings flared up, knocking him backward. I fluttered to the ceiling, and backed myself into a corner, like a scared wildcat. I spotted Natalie being restrained by the blue one, his arms lifting her off the ground, and she was screaming like a maniac. I prepared for a dive, then gasped. A loud rip echoed through the room. I looked back to see that the green horned guy had flung his remaining sickle at me, and it was embedded in my wing. A chunk of flesh fell to the ground. I fell, hitting my head hard on the floor. Everything was on fire. I felt my wing throbbing, and I tried to get up, but I heard bones snap. Instantly, more pain coursed through my wing. I whimpered. What are you doing? Don't show weakness!

I looked up to see Leif standing over me, a look of triumph on his face. Then, his face morphed into a look of confusion, and of horror. I felt something liquid and warm under my hand. Blood.

Through the haze, I saw the same dark blue horned demon who had tried to reason with me enter. He looked at Leif, then me. 

"LEIF WHAT DID YOU DO!?"

"I don't know!" Leif stepped back, panic clearly showing on his face. I choked. I could sense bile rising in my throat. I tired to get up, but fell onto my back. I'm dying, I thought with savage amusement. I heard voices, but they sounded distorted, like a radio out of tune. The next thing I knew, Leif was kneeling over my face, holding a ball of what looked like pure energy.

"Stay here, okay? Everything's alright. Just hold on..."

And then everything went black.

<><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

WHAT'S UP!?

I know that I haven't written in a while, but I promise I'll make more of an effort to make more time for writing (maybe).

Drink water, eat good food, and be happy, y'all! :)

-Lily