Chapter 17

Riley's pov

I watched as the boys scattered around, shouting at the dragon to get its attention away from me, it only made me worry for their wellbeing especially after seeing Jimin get thrown in the air. Thank god that Jin and the others caught him before he could be hurt further but I couldn't help but worry. I noticed that Jungkook, Jimin and Yoongi were working with each other in complete sync, their teamwork was amazing. It seemed that they had come up with some kind of plan, from their attacks it looked like they were trying to look for the dragon's weak spot. Namjoon, Jin, Taehyung and Hoseok were all trying to keep the dragon's attention away from me and away from Jimin's group. "I need to help them... But I don't know how.." I trailed off, placing a hand on the barrier as I watched the boys fight. The dragon swung his tail against the building that Hoseok and Jin were standing on, the impact shook the building and Hoseok instantly teleported him and Jin to a different building. I could hear the shots of the boys from inside the barrier, most of it sounding slightly muffled since Yoongi reinforced it.

"You don't know how to use magic?" Nate asked, "No... I.. I just came into my powers.. I have no clue what I'm capable of. It's so frustrating.. I want to help them." I looked at Taehyung and Namjoon who dove out of the way as the dragon blew fire at them, the two of them throwing a water attack to cool off the dragon. "What are they doing?" Nate asked, looking out at the boys. "I think they're trying to find the dragon's weak spot. It looks like its hard since most of the scales on that dragon look hard."

"It is hard. This type of dragon has really strong scales that can't be penetrated with most man-made weapons." Nate said, "What? You know what type of dragon this is?" I looked at him in shock, it was crazy to me that he knew what type of dragon it was when not even the boys know what type of dragon it is.

"Yes. My Dad is an expert on Dragons, he taught me all about them." Nate nodded.

"What type of dragon is it?"

"A Mystic Howler."

"Mystic Howler? Why is it called that?" I asked, before Nate could say anything, the dragon let out a loud howl which sounded more like a screech. I immediately covered my ears, grimacing in discomfort and looked out to see that the rest of the boys were doing the same.

"What the fuck?!! Is this thing howling?!!" Yoongi shouted, covering his ears.

"What kind of dragon howls like that?! It sounds like a dying whale!" Jin grimaced. "Wait a minute.. Isn't there a specific type of dragon that howls?!!" He looked at Namjoon, who moved closer and nodded. "Yes, there is..." Namjoon trailed off as he tried thinking, it was hard for him to do that with the dragon still howling loudly. Jungkook dodged the tail, tackling Jimin as the tail swung his way. The two then rolled out of the way, the tail smashing down in between them. Jimin looked up at Jungkook, sighing in relief when he saw that Jungkook was okay. Jungkook swung his sword down on the dragon's tail, a slight spark bouncing off the tail. The dragon let out a painful screech, swinging his tail wildly causing both Jimin and Jungkook to dive to the ground. Yoongi watched the two, loading his crossbow with a special arrow. The dart attached to the tip of the arrow was filled with a potent chemicals compound that could put dragon's at this size to sleep, he had gotten this from a merchant a few weeks ago. He noticed that Jungkook and Jimin had been attacking the tail, "Ah, I see you two.." Yoongi muttered, he focused his shot on the exposed part of the dragon's tail that was closest to the body.

The dragon let out a screech, the dart piercing through its skin. Jimin looked at the tail, his eyes widening as he saw the dart sticking out of the dragon's tail. He looked up, searching and smiled when he saw Yoongi watching them from a building nearby. "Hyung, watch out!" Jungkook tackled Jimin, the two hitting the ground as the dragon blew fire in the spot that he was just in. Yoongi acted quickly, shooting several more darts at the dragon's neck and stomach. They only bounced off his neck until one dart landed on the dragob's right side of his neck, Yoongi's eyes widened when he realized that the dart made contact with the dragon. Hoseok saw the dragon turn its attention onto Yoongi, knowing that he needed to get Yoongi out of there. He waved his hand, teleporting Yoongi to safety just as the dragon blew fire at the building he had just been standing on. Yoongi appeared beside Jungkook and Jimin, both who were getting back up to their feet.