2

the next morning, liv came into my room to wake me up.

"mummy, wake up" she said loudly while jumping on my bed. i laughed slightly and got up. i grabbed her and tickled her while she flailed around giggling.

viv opened the door and came in. "breakfast is made, i hope you like pancakes olivia" she said cheerfully.

"yay" liv cheered and ran out of the room.

i followed her down and saw beth and viv sat at the table. i sat down and smiled when i saw faces made from fruit on the pancakes.

leah walked in yawning and rubbing her eyes.

"hello lovely" leah said to liv. liv waved back at her with a face full of food. leah chuckled to herself and sat down.

"so new girl" leah started. i raised my eyebrow at her. "not a fan of that nickname? alright" she laughed.

"we basically have this tradition where whenever a new person joins the club, they have to throw a welcome party to get to know all the girls" leah continued.

"if its a welcome party, shouldnt you guys be the ones throwing it, since im the one being welcomed" i questioned, taking a bite of food.

"think of it as an initiation. if its a good enough party, we accept you as our teammate." beth said.

"ooh thats a bit harsh. expectations must be high then?" i joked.

"always" viv said.

"to be honest its just an excuse for us to have a party and get drunk" beth said.

"ahh hate to burst your bubble love, but there will be no alcoholic beverages being served. i have a 2 year old" i laughed.

"we dont have training today so we can do it later this evening if you want" leah suggested.

"sounds good. ill unpack the rest of my things and then get planning" i said. i stood up and took everyones dishes to the sink. i picked liv up and took her upstairs.

i gave her a shower and got her changed and then did her hair. i sat her on the bed with a colouring book and some crayons and she stayed quiet.

i had unpacked quite a lot yesterday but there were some things still left. i hung my clothes in the wardrobe and put my shoes away. leah came in the room.

"need any help with anything?" she asked politely.

"no im almost done, thanks though" i said. she came in and sat on the bed with olivia.

i finished putting everything away and then got some clothes out.

"leah, im going for a shower, can you watch her for me" i asked.

"yeah of course" she said. i took my towel to the bathroom and showered.

i dried myself and then went back in.

"thanks leah" i said. she nodded and walked out.

"livvy go with leah while mummy gets changed" i said.

"no. i stay here and colour" she whined.

"baby you can colour downstairs" i said.

"nooo" she cried.

"okay how about you go with leah and we can ring B in a minute, yeah?" i said.

she quickly ran off with leah. i got changed and put my hair in a messy bun, before going downstairs.

once i went downstairs, leah went up to get herself ready. i sat on the sofa with liv and facetimed bukayo.

"uncle b" liv said loudly.