3. The Mysteries of Time

Helloooo guyssss,

Yes, here I am with another back to back update!!😁😁😁😁

First thing out – I would like to extend my deepest gratitude and heartfelt thanks to each and every one of you for you precious support over all this time to me – and for heartwarming support and love..over my return to writing as well.🙏🙏🙏❤❤❤❤

I have smiled so much reading in the comments that's been coming from all of you – once again thank you so much for it!

I am here with another 4.8K word update for today!😁😁😁

I will let you all dive in without further delay!

.....................................

3

3. The Mysteries of Time

6TH June, 1944

Nearing 4:44PM in the evening

At The Quereshi Haveli

Arnav's POV

Imraan comes to a halt on the last stair up their staircase that leads to their terrace, and that leads me to come to a sudden halt in my steps as well. I look at him and he smiles handing me the book he'd got for his Abbu from the library – " jaayein...miyaan...aap jaayein aage...yahan se aage...mujhe ijizat nai..abhi tak...aur aap jaa hi rahe hai toh yeh kitab abbu ko dedein...kahiyega main neeche intezaar kar raha hun unka..."( go...miyaan...you go beyond this step..for I am not allowed yet by Abbu to take a step beyond this point...and now that you are going to see him please hand this book to him and tell him that I will be waiting downstairs...)

I look at him momentary puzzled but take the book from his hand. I had kept the books I borrowed from the library on a desk near the entrance of their haveli – ie on the ground floor whilst greeting his ammi and khala.

I ask now – " Imraan...sach mein..tumhe yahan se aage ijazat nai??"( are you really not allowed to take a step beyond this last step of the staircase leading to the terrace..)

Imraan chuckles but nods – " ji haan bhaijaan...ijazat nai...jabse abbu wapas aaye Cambridge se aur yeh uppar chat wale kamre apne kaam ke liye ek karliye...tabse hum mein se kisi ko ijazat nai yahan aane..ki..jab mujhe/ya kisi ko bhi abbu se kuch baat karni hoti hai...toh yaa toh main yahan se unhe awaaz deta hun aur woh yahan aatein hai baat karne...nai toh khud hi neeche aajate hai...is chatt ke darwaze ko tala laga ke..."( yes bhaijaan, its true, I am not allowed beyond this point, none of us are. Ever since Abbu returned from Cambridge and combined the rooms on the terrace to make one big work hall/space for himself...its been that way...if anyone has to talk to him either we call out to him from here and he comes till this point to talk to us or he comes down himself locking the door to this terrace...)