Chapter 1: Truth

Opening the first letter, Cale found out that it was an invitation. Why is he being invited, who knows? But the letter goes like this;

_________________
First Letter: Formal Invitation

Dear Cale Henituse,

I hope this letter finds you in good health and high spirits. It is with great pleasure that I extend an invitation to you to join us on the wonderful occasion of her highness Athanasia De Alger Obelia and the other young noble ladies debutante ball.

As they embark on this significant milestone in their lives, marking their transition into young adulthood, we believe it is essential to celebrate this momentous event in a grand and memorable fashion. The debutante ball will serve as a joyous and elegant gathering of family members, friends, and loved ones, all eager to witness their official entrance into society.

The details of the debutante ball are as follows:

Date: [December 3rd XXXX]
Time: [XX:XX PM]
Venue: [Garnet Palace, Ballroom]
Address: [Obelia Empire, Imperial Palace]

We have taken utmost care to plan an enchanting evening filled with delightful surprises, captivating music, delectable cuisine, and engaging entertainment. The festivities will include a grand entrance, a formal introduction, and an opportunity to showcase grace and charm during the dance.

We look forward to celebrating this momentous occasion with all of you. May this debutante ball be a cherished memory that will last a lifetime.

With warm regards,

Claude De Alger Obelia, Emperor of the Obelia Empire

_________________

It was an invitation to the debutante ball of the first princess of the empire.

Why would an Emperor of the empire as big and powerful as Obelia, invite a no name son of a Count (now duke)

After contemplating about the first letter Cale then opened the second and the content of it shocked him

_____________________
Second Letter:

Dear Cale Henituse,

I hope this letter finds you in good health and brings a sense of excitement and curiosity into your life. My name is Arthur Thames, and I am sure that you are wondering how I am connected to you or your mother. It was a long story and I am sorry if I only tried to reach out to you after all this time but - I am your maternal grandfather.

As I write these words, I feel a mixture of joy, apprehension, and anticipation. My heart is filled with deep longing to know you, to be a part of your life, and to share in the joys and experiences that have shaped you into the remarkable person I believe you to be.

Life has a mysterious way of unfolding, and it has taken many unexpected turns since our families paths last crossed. I regret that circumstances beyond my control have kept us apart, but please know that my absence in your life has never diminished the love and care I hold for you in my heart.

I understand that this news may come as a surprise or even raise questions within you. Please know that I respect any feelings or reservations you may have.