indlovukazi (Queen)

"I am Lindiwe, indlovukazi (queen) of this land and mother to the future generations. I am your mother and your protector. I will always fight for you and will guide you. I love you my sons. I will be your biggest supporter and your voice of reason. I pray that you grow up to be man of stature like your father. Sweet dreams my little cubs." Lindiwe said to her sleeping babies.

The twins were finally asleep and Lindiwe was just looking at their chubby cheeks. They looked so peaceful and happy. She knew she would be a good mom some day but seeing Vusi with the twins made her heart beyond happy. He was an amazing and involved father. He would take turns looking after them and would take them for walks in the afternoon when he was available. Giving Lindiwe some me time.

When Lindiwe arrived at the palace she never imaged her life would turn out like this. A man she loved with all her being and two beautiful gifts from God. Her heart was full and overflowing with joy. What did she do right to deserve such love. To image that she once had an escape plan from the palace but now she wouldn't leave even if she was forced to.

Vusi was not the man she imaged she would ever love. He was rural and very traditional. He hated seafood and drank traditional been now and again. He still spoke like an old man and listen to jazz but he was perfectly made for her. Everything that made them different, drew them closer together. She even started enjoying some of his jazz and he started listening to some of her R&B songs.

A good marriage is formed on a foundation of compromise and harmony. Vusi knew when to put his foot down and when to be compassionate. Lindiwe when to say her opinion and when to let him lead. No two marriages are the same and they had found a way that worked for them. He was her home, her whole life was in this house. She would fight till the death to protect him and their children.

"My beautiful wife what are you thinking about?" Vusi asked hugging her from behind. She had been silent for a while now and he was getting worried. "I was just thanking God for you and our children." Lindiwe said smiling. "I am a very fortunate man to have you, sithandwa sami." Vusi said kissing her cheek. "I just pray that some day my whole family will get along." Lindiwe said feeling the void of her parents. She wished they would be around to see her babies but her father didn't even pick her calls. Vusi was willing to work of rebuilding the family but her hardheaded father wouldn't relent. "Some day my wife." Vusi said holding her tightly.

"How was your day my King?" Lindiwe asked laying her head on his chest. "My day was busy as always but nothing I can't handle." Vusi said sighing softly. "Did I ever tell you the story of when I fell madly in love with you?" Vusi said smiling. "Nope, please do tell." Lindiwe said turning to face him.

"The day you got lost and I found you in the car. You jumped into my arms and wept. Your eyes spoke to my soul that day, they captivated my heart. I knew I had to protect you with all of my being because you were mine from that moment. I was yours since that day." Vusi said smiling and planting a kiss on her lips.

"Ooh, I see. Maybe I must cling to you now." Lindiwe said deepening the kiss. She loved this man and wouldn't trade anything in the world for him. "What did my eyes say to you?" Lindiwe asked smiling. "They said...if you save me I will let you smash tonight!" Vusi said laughing. "You are crazy." Lindiwe said laughing. "But, you did let me hit it all night long. Just like tonight" Vusi said kissing her.

"Ngiyakuthanda sithandwa sami." Vusi said carrying her to their bed. "Nami ngiyakuthanda nkosi yami" Lindiwe said kissing him passionately.