chapter 4 (day2)

"Raccoon-ya, I read through your collection you've some amazing research" Chopper lights up at the sudden topic towards him, even forgetting that Law had called him raccoon again.

"I am so excited you went through that! Which theory did you enjoy the most!? My personal favourite is the Mullein, though I've never found one myself"

"I found the case of Berberine interesting, I wonder if it would work faster on an open heart"

Usopp and Nami let out a sound of disapproval "Gross. Can you two save this conversation for later? Maybe after dinner!?" they complained but were ignored by the two doctors. Law could feel Luffy's head turning back and forth between him and Chopper then titling his head in confusing over their conversation probably not understanding a word.

The dinner goes pleasant and as long till mid-night again.

"I can do the watch night again" Law annoyances to the strawhat crew. He sees a worried look flash by some of their faces as they exchange looks and finally turn to look at their captain "No, you should sleep tonight" Sanji suggests "I'll do the watch"

"It's can't be helped blackleg-ya, I have insomnia"

The strawhats give an acknowledgment hum with some of them nodding their heads and giving him a concern look. He's not used to these looks, they need to stop.

"That's not good Toraoa, do you want some sleeping meds?" Chopper offers looking concerned and Law's not used to this much attention on him other than his crew who seem to gush over him enough already.

"That won't be necessary Raccoon-ya"

"I'm a Reindeer you asshole!"

"Shishishi" Luffy laughs "What's In... Insucha? somia?" he asks turning towards Robin with a curious gaze.

"Insomnia is a sickness which doesn't allow the patient to sleep. There's no cure to this sickness unless Torao-kun takes some sleeping meds" Robin explains in the simplest words she could use. Luffy nods his head, his face expression showing that he's thinking hard "I don't really get it but if Torao wants to do night watch, then he can!" the captain orders making it all simple and easy like always. The strawhats shrug their shoulders and say goodnight before heading off to their chambers.

The stars were out again, looking like tiny fireflies in the open dark sky shinny brightly along with the moon. Law is leaned against the rail wood of Sunny, sitting a bit further away from Caesar. He stares at the calm ocean; tonight, feels colder than last night maybe he should've grabbed a book from the library after all. He closes his eyes and lets the freezing wind consume him.

"Toraoooa!"

Law doesn't need to look to know who's running towards him, he could recognize that would voice even in a crowd of thousand people.

Luffy comes to stand in front of him, with a white duvet wrapped around his body "I'll keep you company tonight!" the young captain says making Law open his eyes and looks up at the said idiot. Before the older could protest Luffy drops his blanket and sits in between Law's lap.

"Wha!? What are you doing Mugiwara-ya!?" Law hisses trying to push the younger away. Luffy stubbornly sits in between Law's lap and laughs, bringing his blanket forward "Keeping us warm!" he says wrapping it around them. Law feels strange bubble of warmth in the bottom of his stomach, 'damn this brat's smile' he curses. His chest felt the warmth of Luffy's back resting against him, the cold suddenly leaving his system slowly. Luffy looks up giving him his toothy grin and Law chooses to ignore the sudden skip of his heart. He sighs and brings his arms inside the blanket putting them around Luffy's waist as the younger gets comfortable.