chapter 7 (day3)

Law wakes up to a heavy weight on top on him. He finds Luffy curled up on him with his arms wrapped around his tan body. His immediate reaction is to jump out of bet but as it turns out Luffy's grip on him is tighter than Bepo's which is saying a lot considering that Bepo's a bear.

"Luffy-ya wake up" he says shaking the younger boy in return getting a mumble of 'me-eat' Law lets out a sigh wondering where he went wrong while reading his own stars. He stares at the younger captain's face for the first time. Luffy had a soft round face, making him look way younger than his current age. He had large eyes, a large forehead with his inky hair shattered on Law's chest and a cute face. Law brushes some strands off the younger's forehead watching a cute careless happy smile roll on Luffy's face with a droll coming down his cheek as he mumbles meat again.

"Blackleg-ya is cooking some delicious food. You might miss out on it if you don't wake up"

In a blink Luffy's eyes pop open and he rises, rubbing his eyes drowsily "Food?" he says looking around.

Law rolls his eyes, how typical, he thinks feeling his body lose after Luffy lets him go. He pushes the younger away and gets off "Where are you going Torao?" Luffy asks, eyes still not wide awake.

"Shower" Law answers grabbing his shirt and heading towards the washroom as Luffy stretches out.

Law opens the tap and tests the water temperature on his finger before slipping in the shower. The warm water runs down his shoulders making him groan, oh how he needed this.

'Just this night' He thinks looking down as the water pours on his head, 'I am coming for your head Doflamingo.' He grips his fingers into a tight fist.

It's there last night on Sunny before they reach Dressrosa. The strawhats and the heart captain are sitting out on the deck, under a sparkling night sky with food laid out in front of them. Franky had put up some bulbs to add some light on the deck. Their captain had thought that it would be a great idea to eat dinner outside tonight. Law chewed on his rice ball as he watched the strawhats chatting, laughing and just talking, enjoying every second. They sat in a circle as their musician played the violin in a soft, beautiful melody. Recoon-ya and Long-nose-ya were showing off their weird chopstick trick. The swordsman was sitting beside law, drinking his favourite rum.

They were different, Law thought. He was finally starting to understand how the strawhats worked. They have something unique and it suited them so well. This weird bond made them strawhats and Law wouldn't have accepted anything else from a captain like Luffy.

His gaze freezes on a yellow instrument sitting beside the musician "Skeleton-ya is that a guitar?" Law asks making everyone look at him.

"Yohoho" an excited laugh comes from the skeleton "Indeed it is Torao-kun, do you play one?" Law gives a lazy shrug as he leans his back against the tree "A bit" he answers.

"PLAY SOMETHING FOR US!" Luffy shouts, his smile's way too big, he's way too excited and way too bouncy.

"No" Comes the immediate answer but of course he's ignored. The younger grabs the instrument from Brook's side and literally shoves it in Law's face making the older grumble.

"No."

"Come one Torao, please!"

The straw hats are staring at him. More like grilling holes at the him but he choses to ignore them.

He's never heard Luffy use that word before, did the brat even know the meaning behind that word, Law wondered. With his arms still crossed he gives his best frown to Luffy, showing his visual displeased expression. But those round eyes, pleading with request stare back at him and Law gives in with a defeated sigh. Dammit, he does.