007. act of war

manny chose to remain after the rehearsal for some extra guidance on her stage directions

manny chose to remain after the rehearsal for some extra guidance on her stage directions. the dimly lit auditorium accommodated her, miss jenn, and carlos.

in a sudden fit of panic, nini rushed into the room, her eyes darting around desperately as she frantically inquired, "have you seen my phone? it's kind of a eggshell champagne color, has a playbill case?"

while carlos and miss jenn were engrossed in taping the stage, manny stood absorbed in her script trying to ignore her.

"that is adorable." carlos awed. miss jenn offered her a measure of assurance, stating, "sorry, no, but we will keep a look out."

nini turned her gaze toward manny for help, who shot her a sinister glare. it was evident that even if manny had knowledge of the phone's whereabouts, she had no intention of assisting her.

"just remember there is no phones in rehearsal." miss jenn called out as the brunette exited. nini departed in haste, shouting, "i know!"

"miss jenn, i need a moment please" shortly afterward, mr. mazzara discreetly knocked on the door, seeking a moment with miss jenn. carlos inquired if he had an appointment, but miss jenn graciously took the lead, announcing that they had concluded their work for the day.

🎶

during rehearsal that day, gina performed a new rendition of "stick to the status quo," an idea that manny had suggested, with some ulterior motives in mind.

though they had a rocky start, manny genuinely believed they could become friends. when manny disclosed the true reason for joining the show, gina was taken aback and delighted to discover that manny had no interest in her role; she simply wanted nini gone. so when manny proposed the dance idea, gina was more than willing to embrace it.

towards the end of the number, nini frantically stumbled into the choir room.

"everybody hold." miss jenn announced, making her way over to the disheveled salazar-roberts girl. "nini, where were you? we've been here for an hour."

nini sighed, admitting her faults, "i am so sorry. i lost my phone and spent last night living as a hunter-gatherer which, by the way did you know there are things that are only on tv at a certain time?" she apologized, her voice reflecting her bewilderment, "okay anyway, i finally picked it up in the lost and found.. wait, did you say an hour?"

miss jenn furrowed her brows, "manny sent you and me a text asking if we could come in early so she could talk through a new idea, you didn't get it?"

nini, her tone laced with exasperation, responded, "no. because my phone was missing."

hazel leaned in, whispering in her best friend's ear, "did you text that knowing her phone was missing?"

"maybe." manny replied in a hushed tone, suppressing a mischievous grin. she couldn't resist the temptation.