The funeral

2 years ago

 My head hurt. I was sitting around people who didn't care about my parents. I watched them lower the caskets into the ground. My heart was being buried with them. The funeral happened so fast. All I remember is driving to my grandma's house. I walked into my room, locking the door. Crying until I fell asleep.

I woke up to somebody banging on my door, my head throbbing in sync. I got up wincing at the pain in my skull. It was time to go read the will. I'd be getting my inheritance today. This meant all my family would be calling. Although they were sad about my parents they saw me as someone they could take advantage of. 

Time skip *2 hours*

I walked into Dawson and Dawson's Law firm with shaky hands. My heartbeat was all I could hear as we were led back into the conference room. I wonder what they left me? Questions were swirling in my head. A tap on my shoulder broke me out of my trance.

"Honey pay attention," My grandma said to me. She looked worried but since the accident she always was. "Sorry," I mumbled, " As I was saying Malia was left with 2.3 billion, her parents want her to work with their financial advisor, You were left with 1.4 billion your bills have also been paid for the next 5 years. They want you guys to just live and be a family. It was their last wish for their daughter to move to Forks within the next 2 years so she could grow up with her cousin Bella."

I blocked out the rest and began walking to the car. I was overwhelmed, my parents just died, I was wealthy now, and I had to move to Forks. It was a lot of change and I didn't like it. It was raining hard when I got into my car. I began speeding down the road. I missed my parents. My grandma was calling me. I looked down to read the messages but by the time I looked up, it was too late. I was going over the railing. The water was getting closer and my seatbelt was stuck. The car began sinking and I stopped fighting, I would get to see my parents again. My lungs flooded as I took my final breath ignoring the person swimming towards me.

I opened my eyes to see I was on the sand next to the water. I looked around seeing all the grains of sand. The small specks of pollen are visible. Everything was sharp and bright. I covered my eyes even though the sun wasn't hurting them. I heard the footsteps of my rescuer before I saw him.

"Welcome to the dark side" he chuckled. I just stared at him, " I've always wanted to say that," "What happened?" I questioned "I was driving behind you and you just swerved and jumped the railing.  Now you're a vampire. Were you trying to kill yourself?" He asked seriously. "No, I wasn't paying attention and looking at my phone. It's a deadly combo" I chuckled. He looked bewildered but didn't say anything.  We talked until the Uber came. Promising to meet each other the next day.

Shortly after I pulled up to the house. There were no cops thankfully just my grandma waiting on the porch. She walked over to me with tears in her eyes and slapped me  "Where were you?" "I went to clear my head" "Where's your car?" "Someone stole it" I lied. She asked me several more questions before sending me to my room. I sat there wondering why she became abusive after taking me in. I'd been here 6 months before they recovered my parent's bodies. They committed suicide together, leaving me behind. I think my grandma blamed me.

I can't wait to go back to Forks. I miss my cousin Bella. I dreamt of the rainy town. I thought vampires couldn't sleep.