Forks

Present time

It's finally time to move. I'm so excited to see Bella and Uncle Charlie. My grandparents passed a month ago but I wasn't sad. They only took me for the money. The plane ride was quiet since I was in first class I decided to sleep.

I was woken up by the flight attendant during the landing. Everything I needed was already shipped so I had no bags to claim. Charlie called, he was picking up Bella first and told me to meet him at Bella's gate. I walked over and saw them in an awkward embrace. Laughing I took a picture making sure to get their pained expressions. I walked over and Charlie spun me around "How's my favorite niece been?" "I'm your only niece but I've been good" He nodded giving me one last hug. "Come on girls on to Forks." Bella was quiet and gave curt responses when I tried to talk to her. I just assumed she was nervous and began listening to music. 

I must've fallen asleep at some point because the next thing I knew we were pulling into the driveway. The plan was to spend the night here and go home the next day. The cozy 5 bed 2 bath was a welcome sight. The house hasn't changed and I was glad, I've had enough changes recently. 

I helped Bella unpack and we began talking. She apologized for how she acted and explained how the move wasn't a welcome one. She was worried about her mom and was scared to be the new kid. I reminded her that she wasn't alone.  I told her all about New York and she told me about Arizona. I got in the shower and put on pj's 

We were talking about driving when we heard cars pull into the driveway. I rushed downstairs to three unknown people. One had a clipboard. "Are you Malia Andrews?" I nodded "You have to sign for your car." I signed tipped the man and grabbed the keys. 

There was a faded red truck in the driveway

There was a faded red truck in the driveway. It looked vintage I loved it. That's the kind of car that would survive and destroy the other car in an accident. It just needed a fresh coat of paint. I tucked my keys into my pocket and walked over to everyone. We did introductions and Jacob continued to stare at me. I turned and made eye contact with him. My face got hot as I expected him to look away but he didn't. Bella stiffened when she noticed he was staring at me. 

I acted like I couldn't feel him staring holes into my head until they left. Bella had offered to drive him to school but he goes on the reservation. It's sad he was cute. He made me promise to visit him on the res and I agreed. Bella scoffed when he hugged me but I ignored it. What was her problem? We all went to sleep soon after.